Published: 10/01/2008 - Updated: 07/09/2017
The dipping sauces are the finishing touch to many dishes. The secret to a perfect sauce or dressing properly is knowing how to combine certain ingredients and in adequate amounts. The sauces are very easy to make and do not take much time, so you can experiment with these new recipes as there is nothing like making your own sauces and add the personal touch.
- ½ tofu ( 250 gr. ) .
- Half a cup of soy sauce.
- 2 tablespoons of
- Juice of 2 lemons .
- 1 clove of garlic.
- Mix the ingredients and put them through the blender.
- Add salt and pepper if necessary.
Green Tomato Salsa
- Half a kilo of tomatoes
- A piece of onion
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- A clove of garlic
- Salt to taste
- A sprig of parsley
- Blend everything .
- Put in a pan with oil and cook for 10 minutes over medium heat
- Add a pinch of sugar if it tastes bitter .
- This sauce is ideal with pizza, quesadillas, pita bread , etc. .
- 3 tablespoons of water.
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- 1 tablespoon of ginger juice .
- Grate the ginger root and squeeze by hand to drop the juice.
- Mix everything , stir well . Ideal for salads or tempura.
Yogurt and Mint Sauce
- 4 unsweetened of natural yoghurts
- 1 small green pepper .
- 1 onion .
- Fresh mint .
- Salt to taste and a pinch of brown sugar
- Whisk the yogurt and add the onion, pepper and mint , finely chopped previously .
- Leave to soak for a while before serving.
- This sauce is good for salads such as spinach , lettuce or sprouts .
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil (can also be sunflower ) .
- 1 tablespoon of wine vinegar (can also be apple cider vinegar ) .
- A pinch of sea salt and other of freshly ground black pepper.
- OPTIONAL: a little minced garlic , chopped parsley, tomatoes, chives , dill or mustard .
- Finely chop the optional ingredients if you have chosen.
- Add the vinegar, oil , salt and pepper and mix everything together.
- Some people grind it all together in a blender.