Vitamin E fulfills many functions in the body that influence both health and beauty, it helps prevent and dissolve blood clots, avoids fatigue and prevents cramping, protects the lungs from pollution, strengthens the immune system, retards aging (as it is an excellent antioxidant) and allows that the metabolic functions of liver and muscle tissue are properly carried out, among other things.
Vitamin E can be found in foods such as: vegetable oils, wheat germ, soybean, olive, sunflower, sesame, corn, etc. as well as in nuts, seeds, whole grains, avocado, green leafy vegetables, coconut, plum, apple, blackberries, bananas and carrots.
It is important to monitor that your diet contains enough vitamin E, as its deficiency in the body may cause destruction of red blood cells, anemia, muscle weakness, skin problems, poor healing, premature aging, reproductive disorders, etc.
- 5 medium avocados
- 60 grams of butter
- cream to thicken
- 2 tablespoons of whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons of lard (can be supplied by vegetable oil in the same amount)
- 2 quarts of vegetable broth (may be substituted for chicken broth)
- green peppers or pepper to taste, optional
- 100 grams or 20 stems of cilantro
- 1 large onion
- 400 grams of cheese (a mild taste)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Remove the pulp to avocados and cut into squares, the same size cut the cheese.
- Chop onion, cilantro and peppers finely, mix with the avocado and cheese, add salt to taste.
- The mixture is served with the broth, which should be prepared in this way: fry the flour in the butter and brown before adding the broth, cream, salt and pepper.
- Simmer until thickened slightly and remove from heat. Serve the soup in soup plates or bowls. Each guest must add the avocado mixture in prepared dish. Do not throw in the hot broth before sitting at the table, because it loses freshness and flavor.
- 650 grams of flour
- 250 grams of butter
- 500 grams of brown sugar
- 100 grams of ground nutmeg
- 15 egg yolks
- 15 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Nuts to decorate
- Beat butter and sugar with a balloon whisk until it is perfectly uniform, add vanilla and egg yolks.
- Then add the flour, baking powder and ground nutmeg, to incorporate the dough.
- Apart, beat the egg whites until nougat and add to the mixture.
- Grease and flour a baking pancake mold.
- Pour into mold, decorate with hearts of nut to your liking and bake at 200 ° Celsius for 35 minutes or until the pancake is ready. Let cool, remove from pan and cut them into slices.
- endive or chicory
- A bunch of cress
- Chopped avocado
- Small cherry tomatoes
- Thin white asparagus
- Pepper, oregano, parsley, mint
- Mild vinaigrette sauce
- Wash and cut the ingredients in a dish, well mixed.
- Add a mild vinaigrette and herbs before serving. As decoration, put the asparagus and soft dressing is based in pepper, oregano, parsley, mint as a mild vinaigrette.
Oats and molasses porridge
- 1 liter ofsoy milk
- ¾ cup of oatmeal
- cereal molasses to taste
- Boil water with cinnamon, in a separate bowl put the oats to soak as the water has boiled with the cinnamon, oatmeal is added and boiled for 5 minutes and add milk and sugar, but must move constantly because it can stick and burn.
- When boiled for 10 minutes, remove from the heat and is served either in bowls or cup.
- 375 ml of cake flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 125ml of sugar
- 125 ml. of lard or vegetable fat
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- sesame seeds
- Combine flour, powder and salt. In a bowl, mix to bind the sugar, butter or vegetable fat with eggs and vanilla. Incorporate dry ingredients thoroughly mixed until a smooth paste.
- Knead the dough obtained in a cylindrical shape about 30 mm. about. Divide it into two and cover with wax paper or aluminum.
- Allow to cool for 6 hours. Preheat oven to 350 º F.
- Cut in 7 mm thick circular buns. Press each bun on a plate of sesame seeds. Let stand on a greased or oiled source. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until cookies are golden look.