Vitamin C is easily lost when exposed to light, air or heat. This vitamin is essential for the organism because, among other things, is a powerful antioxidant, helps immune system defenses, reduces infections, the intensity and duration of colds or flu, besides being necessary for the synthesis of collagen, which forms part of the structure of the blood vessels, tendons, ligaments and bones. It is recommended especially in diets of people likely to get sick, anemic, weak, with allergies, pregnant women, children, depressed, and have skin or intestinal problems. Here are some recipes that will help you have a good injection of vitamin C in your daily diet.
Strawberries, blueberries and kiwi shake
- 300 ml of cranberry juice
- 10-15 strawberries
- 1 kiwi, chopped
- Water, the necessary
Peel and chop the kiwi and then put the cranberry juice with strawberries and kiwi in blender. Beat with a little water if necessary and add honey to taste.
Pepper and tomato pizza
- Whole cereal pizza dough
- Tomato sauce
- 4 red tomatoes finely chopped
- red and green peppers
- Black pepper
- Grated pizza cheese
- Oil and salt
- Basil to taste
- Stretch pizza dough and top with tomato sauce. In addition, prepare a sauce with peppers, chopped red tomato and sliced onion with a pinch of salt, basil and pepper. Do not overcook this dish, it is just to spice it a bit, it should be as raw as possible for the retention of vitamin C.
- Add this stew to pizza and cover with grated cheese, sprinkle with oregano and bake 25 minutes. You can substitute the cheese for tofu.
- Red Pepper
- Green pepper
- 2 potatoes tender and thoroughly washed
- Soy sauce
- Spices: Black pepper, onion and garlic powder, parsley, tarragon and nutmeg
- Olive oil, salt
- Chili Sauce (optional)
- Chop the vegetables into julienne (thin strips) and mix in a bowl.
- Putt heat the wok with a splash of olive oil, when hot, take the vegetables and continue stirring, remember to eat them raw as possible to avoid losing their vitamin C. Season with salt and spices to taste.
- If you want a spicy flavor, put a few drops of chili, but you can also throw in the dish. Continue stirring and finally add a dash of soy sauce and continue stirring to evaporate part of the sauce. Serve warm.
Potato and cabbage salad
- Black pepper
- Lemon juice or vinegar
- oil, sea salt
- Sauté the potatoes and carrots with a little salt, leave them as you can eat them raw.
- Cut the cabbage into strips. Sauté the cabbage to simmer, add potatoes and carrots cut into strips. Combine everything and add the juice of half a lemon, some black peppercorns and a little paprika. Stir well and eat with rice.
Salad against flu
- 2 sweet oranges
- Juice of one lemon
- 3 guavas
- One slice of pineapple
- A kiwi
- Cranberries to taste
- cereal molasses or honey
- Cut fruit except oranges and cranberries.
- Put chopped fruit in a bowl and bathe with the juice of an orange and lemon. Add molasses or honey to taste and stir well. Peel the other orange and decorate with the slices and cranberries. A delight!