Vitamin B1, also called thiamine, is in the group of B vitamins, all water soluble. Vitamin B1 is lost the most in contact with air or water, caffeine, additives, alcohol, etc. It is necessary to have a good supply of this vitamin, eating food as fresh as possible, avoiding excessive cooking in foods that contain B1 in the daily diet.
The intake of foods rich in thiamine can prevent the effects of diabetes, and that thiamine protects cells to elevated glucose levels. Lack of vitamin B1 in the diet causes an imbalance in metabolism, which may cause anorexia, weight loss, diarrhea, polyneuritis, cardiac enlargement and weight loss.
Vitamin B1 can be found naturally in foods such as: yeast, legumes, whole grains, nuts, red meat, corn, eggs, oatmeal, potatoes, brown rice, bran, sesame seeds, wheat, chickpeas, beans, walnuts, peas, peanuts (groundnuts), soybeans, shellfish, fish, etc.
Here are some recipes to avoid lack of this vitamin in your diet:
Shrimp with pepper
- 1 kg of shrimp
- 3 green or red peppers
- 2 packages of tomato puree 300 grams, or make the sauce at home.
- 1 medium onion
- ½ head of garlic
- 1 stick butter or margarine (to taste)
- Salt to taste
- Split the peppers into slices, removing seeds.
- Put them in a blender and grind together with the tomato paste. Add salt and pepper to taste. Strain the sauce.
- Boil water in a saucepan with ½ onion. When the water is boiling, add the shrimp (shelled or unshelled, to taste) to a boil remove shrimp and set aside.
- Finely chop ½ head of garlic and onion, put the fire with ½ stick butter or margarine.
- Integrate the shrimp and let cook brief moment in this sauce. Then add the sauce and salt to taste.
- Serve with white rice and / or green salad.
Raw Keppe (Lebanese style ground beef)
- 1 kg of ground beef
- 1 / 2 kg of bulgur
- 1 onion
- Parsley and mint to taste
- Fresh lemon juice to taste
- Seasoning for Keppe c / n
- In a bowl place the raw ground meat and flatten it with your hands.
- Season with salt. Add fresh mint and parsley. Add seasonings (cumin, nutmeg, cloves).
- Add the finely chopped raw onion.
- Incorporate a little bulgur (pre-moistened) and mix well with your hands.
- Put this mixture in a dish of bread shaping. Add onion.
- Eat by taking a piece of Arabic bread, placing a bit of meat and basting with a little olive oil. Add lemon to taste if you wish.
- 50 grams of medium-grain wheat
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 1 / 2 onion
- 1 Lettuce
- 1 green pepper
- 1 cucumber (optional)
- 8 tablespoons of parsley
- 2 tablespoons of chopped mint
- Juice of 2 or 3 lemons
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- Sea salt
- Put the corn to soak for 15 minutes, wash and drain well put it in the bowl and add lemon juice, olive oil and salt, stirring well finely chop the onion, chop parsley and mint, dice tomatoes.
- Mix everything with wheat, rectify the salt and lime is served by placing the lettuce leaves around the preparation and serve.
Potatoes in parsley sauce
- ¾ kg of potatoes
- ½ stick of butter
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 3 ¼ cups of soy milk
- 1 tablespoon of parsley
- 1 cup of cooked peas
- Salt, pepper and bouillon powder to taste
- Cut the potatoes into slices of 3 mm thick and put them in enough water to cover them until they begin to be soft, but not quite cooked, rather than stay a little bit harsh. You can leave the peel if you like.
- In a skillet, melt the butter, citron, onion, add the cornstarch and stir until browned.
- Without stirring, pour 3 cups of milk gradually until no lumps and form a homogeneous passes, lower heat and cook until it boils and thickens.
- Besides, liquefy parsley with the remaining milk, add to this, season with salt and pepper.
- Integrate potatoes and peas, pour the broth and cook long enough to warm.
- 100 gr. of salty peanut
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
- 1 cup of carrots, grated
- 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- Grate carrots, add the peanuts, mayonnaise and mustard. Stir well, so it is all well blended.
- Put into the fridge for a while.
- It has salt as the peanuts are salty.
The best of Recipes & Cooking
Products related with Recipes rich in Vitamin B1 (thiamine)
Related categories of the Shop
You have not found what you were looking for?