Vitamin A is highly effective against skin infections and to provide greater resistance and elasticity to tissues, in addition to preventing colds and combat vision problems. Recommended for people who take high doses of drugs or who have lesions in the liver, kidneys and head and stomach aches. The deficiency of this vitamin causes weakness in the eyes, poor vision, infections of all kinds, weight loss, acne, poor digestion, dry and rough skin, thrush, diarrhea, etc. If there is deficiency is in children, may be a less vigorous growth.
Foods rich in this vitamin are: cereals like wheat germ, corn, wheat, whole grains, etc. as well as orange fruits such as melon, orange, mandarin, etc, plums, dried fruits (peanut, sesame, almond, etc.), vegetables (dandelion, carrot, parsley, spinach, peppers, tomatoes, etc.), soy, vegetable oils, fish, etc. You must have an accurate assessment of the vitamin in the body.
Here are some recipes high in vitamin A:
Soy and carrot pancakes
- 200gr. of fine textured soy
- 4 eggs
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 shredded carrots
- 1 onion cut into small pieces braised
- Bread crumbs
- Soak soybeans in warm water for 5 min. and drain well.
- Add the crumbled bread and the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix everything and let stand in refrigerator about 15 min. to blend flavors.
- Make small patties and fry them slowly on both sides.
- Serve with homemade tomato sauce.
Salmon in mango sauce
- 2 fresh salmon fillets 200gr each one
- 1 ripe mango diced
- 1 tablespoon of coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon of minced onion
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- In a bowl stir be the mango, onion, cilantro, olive oil and lemon and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper salmon fillets. Place over high heat on Teflon skillet the salmon fillets. Cook for approx. 3 minutes and turn them carefully to avoid breaking them. Allow another 3 min. for the other side or until it reaches the desired browness.
- Cook in a very hot skillet mixture of mango, lemon and onions for a minute.
- On a plate, place salmon skin side down, crank up the mango mixture.
- Tip: You can add to the mix a touch of spicy mango (can be red chilli, finely chopped)
- Olive oil
- 4 eggplants
- 3 onions, chopped
- 150 grams of mushrooms
- 100 grams of bread crumbs
- 1 pinch of chopped parsley
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons of tomato sauce
- 2 egg yolks
- Cut along the eggplants in half and carefully empty.
- Chop the flesh of the eggplant and sauté with onions in a pan with oil. When are browned, add mushrooms, parsley and breadcrumbs.
- Fry well until all filling consistency.
- Put the salt, remove from heat and bind it with beaten egg yolks. Fill the eggplants with the mixture and a little tomato sauce.
- Place the eggplants on a baking sheet and sprinkle with a little oil and put the hot oven at 180 º C for 20 minutes. While serving, garnish with slices of fried eggplant, mushrooms and tomato sauce.
Smoothie rich in vitamin A
- A glass of orange or tangerine juice
- 3 large, sweet plums
- One tablespoon of wheat germ
- 3 almonds
- One tablespoon ofsesame
- Add more water or juice to taste
Blend and drink without any strain, sip slowly.
- A large bunch of spinach or to taste
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of oatmeal
- Sea salt to taste
- Whole wheat flour
- Oil a bit
- Take the spinach, wash and place them to simmer. In the first low boil, let them rest and pikes.
- In another bowl, take the flour, egg, salt, oats and mix.
- Add the spinach and mix.
- Take a pan, add oil and fill with the mixture.
- The let it simmers until brown while those turning from side to side or if not in the oven.
- You can also add chopped cheese or tofu.
About the author