Published: 03/27/2009 - Updated: 05/26/2016
If salads would have personality, this would be the dressing that is used with them. And we know how you like to eat in style, better in this hot season, where the salads are consenting to have on hand different recipes to toppings your dishes with vegetables that are a delight to both success and to your palate and your guests.
Here six simple and delicious recipes, compiled from various parts of the world, which serve to fix other dishes such as fish, chicken, tofu, pasta, etc.
Vinegar and garlic dressing (Egyptian recipe)
- 6 large cloves of garlic (or 1 / 2 small head)
- 1 / 2 cup of vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- Salt to taste
- Crush the garlic, mix with salt and cumin.
- Add the vinegar and move.
This is the sauce or dressing you can make: grilled fish, salads of vegetables or fresh vegetables.
Mesabekka tomato suace (Egypt)
- 1 / 2 kg of red tomatoes (pureed)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated
- Black pepper
- Cayenne (if you like spicy food)
- Heat oil and add garlic.
- Pour the squeezed tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Allow to simmer 1 / 2 hours.
This dressing can add it to meat, salads, steamed vegetables.
Mango and ginger sauce
- 1 tablespoon of ginger
- Apple juice (a cup or to taste)
- Apple cider vinegar (or to taste a bit)
- 1 / 4 soup spoon of ground cardamom
- Honey (two tablespoons or to taste)
- Chinese Orange cut in half (or to taste 3)
- 1 mango peeled and cut into wedges.
- Half onion
- 1 spoon of green pepper in grain
- Mix ginger, orange juice, vinegar, molasses and cardamom in a pan to a syrup. Bring to the boil and keep at low heat.
- Separately join orange, mango and shallots for a minute, drain and reserve. Add the green pepper, syrup and correct the seasoning. Reduce liquid by half and let the fire in about 10 minutes until it acquires consistency, let cool, add orange, mango and onions and reserve.
Sharkasiya dressing (Cairo)
- 8 tablespoons of shelled walnuts
- 2 tablespoons of shelled hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons of bread crumbs soaked and drained
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Chicken broth
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Crush hazelnuts and walnuts and bread crumbs well.
- Add the garlic and crush until mixture is very tender.
- Add the chicken broth little by little to make a medium thick sauce.
- Add lemon juice and strain, put in a bowl of mud.
Dressing to serve with rice, shrimp, tofu, chicken, fish and steamed vegetables.
Mexicana dressing (Mexico)
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 / 2 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of sweet sherry
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons of grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds (sesame)
- 1 serrano chile, finely chopped (optional, ignored if you do not like the spicy).
Place lid on jar with a screw all the ingredients, close it and shake it well to integrate the ingredients.
You can use it on salads of fresh vegetables, pasta, noodles or steamed vegetables.
East citric dressing (China)
- 2 1 / 2 cups of orange juice
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 3 / 4 cup of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of the tarragon vinegar
- 1 / 3 cup of chopped fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
In a large pan mix the fruit juice, soy sauce, vinegar, oil and ginger. Try a low flame for 15 minutes. Then pass the sauce through a fine strainer and serve hot.
Serve with fish, fresh salads, steamed vegetables and chicken.