After the calcium and phosphorus, potassium is the most abundant mineral in the human body. It is important to include enough potassium in the diet as it helps maintain normal pressure inside and outside of cells, regulates water balance in the body and participates, among other things, in the mechanism of contraction and muscle relaxation. These types of diets high in potassium are recommended in diets of high performance: athletes, people with heart problems, in cases of constipation or to strengthen the nervous system. Its deficiency may cause muscle weakness, stomach distension, constipation, aches, vomiting, irritability, and irregular heart rate.
The following diets are particularly rich in potassium:
Bananas are especially rich in potassium.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- ½ kilo of mashed banana
- 1 cup of oatmeal
- 1 cup of corn oil
- 2 cups of flour
- ½ teaspoon of carbonate
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 cups of milk
- Beat the eggs with sugar, add the mashed banana and mix well, add oil and flour sifted with baking soda, oats, baking powder and salt alternately with milk.
- Pour the dough in a muffin pan and bake in preheated oven at 180 ° C for 45 minutes or until put a toothpick into the center and comes out clean. Let it cool a few minutes on a rack, remove the mold and place on a rack to cool completely.
Guacamole with Sesame
The avocado is a good source of potassium
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 1 onion
- Fresh cilantro, chopped to taste
- Sea salt
- Brown sugar, a pinch
- Lemons taste
- 2 tablespoons of sesame
- Chop avocado carefully so as not to form a paste. Put in a bowl and mix with remaining ingredients chopped previously, except for sugar.
- When all the ingredients are in the bowl, stir carefully until a homogeneous mass.
- Correct the salt and pepper and, if slightly acidic, add the pinch of brown sugar. Sprinkle the sesame.
- It is preferable to immediately consume the sauce as the avocado oxidizes rapidly when exposed to air, although the lemon prevents oxidation for a while.
Seaweed Agar-Agar Sweet
Algae are rich in potassium
- 1 cup of couscous
- 2 cups of homemade pear juice
- 350 g. of plum jam, strawberry or blueberry, no sugar
- 5 g. of agar-agar
- 1 dried plum
- 6 almonds
- Place the couscous in a saucepan, add the juice and a pinch of salt.
- The moment it boils, turn off heat and let stand 10 minutes.
- Put agar-agar to soak for 5 minutes and cook with the soaking water and jam over low heat until the agar-agar is fully dissolved.
- Place the couscous in a pie pan and cover with jam.
- Put in the fridge. Serve chilled.
- Decorate with the plum in the center and almonds around the cake.
Whole grains and peppers are rich in potassium.
- 1 1 / 2 cup of brown rice, soaked overnight
- 6 green peppers
- 1 slice of onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- 1 sprig of epazote
- Oil for frying
- Sea salt
- Roast the peppers, peel and devein.
- Blend the peppers with a little chicken broth, onion and garlic.
- Brown the rice in oil. Add the peppers and boil liquefied.
- Add remaining broth and epazote.
- Cover, reduce heat and cook until rice has absorbed the broth. If rice is not tender, add a little hot water and continue cooking.
- Serve garnished with sliced leftover pepper.
Whole cereals bars
- 5 cups of raisins
- 1 / 3 cup of butter
- 1 / 2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 / 2 cup of honey
- 1 / 4 cup of wheat germ
- 1.25 cups of flour
- 1 tablespoon of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons of yeast (powder royal)
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1 / 2 cup of nonfat dry milk
- 1 / 2 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 / 2 cup of milk
- Place the oven to preheat to 175 degrees.
- Chop the raisins (if you have a food processor, use it). Beat butter, sugar, egg and honey until they are creamy. Mix in a large bowl the flour, wheat germ, salt, yeast, milk powder and ginger.
- Add the butter mixture, raisins, oatmeal and milk and mix with a wooden spoon. There should be a consistency of sponge cake but much drier. If too dry, you can add more milk.
- Smear butter on mold, and spread the mixture into the pan with the spoon, trying to stay as level as possible. Leave in the oven for 25-30 minutes. It is out of the oven and cool in pan. Cut the 24 bars and wrap each in foil. Put them in bags, and freezer.
About the author