Published: 01/26/2010 - Updated: 06/07/2016
Calcium is not only in the dairy and animal origin, many foods contain it and superb benefits, in fact dairy animal are not necessary in the diet at any time, even are very difficult to digest and contain high in bad fats, salt, not to mention all the additives, hormones, preservatives, dyes and others which currently are added to cheese, yogurt, milk and other, causing them to become a consumer product that causes more harm than good health.
They say that the custom is stronger than love. And milk of animal origin, in fact, is a strong custom in the diets. However, love can change any habit.
Corn, rice, oats, whole wheat flour, apples, bananas, oranges, figs, pears, grapes, broccoli, carrots, celery, potatoes, tofu,lentils, amaranth, almonds, vegetable milks, among many other foods are great sources of calcium of high quality.
Here are some recipes prepared from these foods so you have the confidence to say goodbye to the milk of animal and trust that calcium is being provided in your diet, even if you have small children, milk of animal origin is not necessary, the contribution of calcium undoubtedly will be covered with the inclusion of these delicious foods and recipes mentioned in your daily menu.
Cream of Lentil
- 250 grams of lentils
- 6 cups of water
- 3 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 / 4 cup of oil
- 1 cup of chopped onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tomato, chopped, skinned and seeded
- 1 1 / 2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 1 / 2 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 / 4 teaspoon of white pepper
- 1 / 2 cup of liquid Buttermilk (optional), to beat.
- In a pot, put on fire the lentils and water, brought to a boil and cook until softened, about 1 hour. Warm broth is added.
- In the meantime, make a sauce. In a pot, put the oil to heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until wilt, about 3 to 4 minutes, add tomatoes and cook until dry, about 7 minutes.
- Add the sauce to the pot with the lentils. Add salt and pepper and cook about 10 minutes. Remove the pan from heat.
- Pass the contents of the pot to a blender cup. Grind well. Turn the mixture into a clean pot, straining through a fine strainer wire. Brings to a boil, stir the Buttermilk, brought to a boil and cook in low heat 1 to 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- 400 grams of minced chicken meat
- 100 grams of rolled oats
- 100 grams of bread crumbs
- 100 grams of raw almonds
- 1 egg
- 1 sprig of parsley
- 1 cup of milk
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 cup of olive oil
- Crush almonds (you could do this in a mortar). In a bowl, mix the minced meat with the bread crumbs and oatmeal. All this is mixed with a little milk and a little oil.
- Add egg, chopped almonds and chopped parsley, season and mix it again until you see that this compact.
- Then we make a ball, flour and fry in a pan with a few tablespoons of oil about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, peeled and crushed and a glass of water to the meatballs. Cook for about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle almonds over the meatballs and cook for another 5 minutes for the sauce thickens.
Celery and broccoli salad
- 8 cups of broccoli florets
- 3 cups of chopped celery
- 1 chopped red onion
- ½ cup of sunflower seeds
- ½ cup of chopped beet
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- ¼ cup of vinegar
- A splash of olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, onion, celery, beet, sunflower and sesame seeds.
- In a separate bowl, combine mayonnaise, vinegar, olive oil and lemon juice until well blended. Season with salt and a pinch of sugar to taste.
- Pour the dressing in another bowl of vegetables, until it covers well. Cover and chill at least two hours before serving.
- 6 servings
- 1 cup of brown rice
- 1 cube of chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil
- 1 green pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 / 2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- lemon juice
- 2 stalks of finely sliced scallions
- 1 / 4 cup of cilantro
- One tablespoon of liquid Buttermilk (optional)
- A slice oftofu(optional)
- Leave the rice to soak for two hours before brewing. Then in a pot, add 12 cups of water and cook rice with sea salt and broth.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat, add the green pepper, onion, garlic, jalapeno pepper, oregano, and cumin.
- Sauté for five minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Once the rice is ready, stirring add the cooked rice with lemon juice, scallions and cilantro, then serve with vegetables.
- 1 small onion
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- ½ pint of milk or soy oat
- 1 tofu
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- Put the chopped onion to brown. Add the flour, and tofu cheese.
- Give a few laps and put the tofu to soy sauce.
- Add milk, salt and nutmeg. Leave to make a paste until more or less compact.
- Make patties and pass through the egg and bread crumbs. NOTE: The egg can be replaced by a mixture of flour, water and soy sauce.