Published: 02/25/2009 - Updated: 08/26/2016
It has an aroma similar to but milder mint is ideal for digestion and very useful as a healing plant for diarrhea, liver inflammation, gas, nausea, dizziness and helps expel intestinal parasites. In the kitchen is a very useful herb, you can add to all sorts of dishes, from soups and vegetable stews or casseroles, to desserts like ice cream, cookies and drinks.
Rice with peas and peppermint (hierbabuena)
Serves: 4 people
- 1/2 kg of soaked chickpeas (canned or boiled)
- Plenty of water if you must boil
- Bouillon cube (optional)
- Some rice per person
- Failing sprig or dried peppermint
- 4 tablespoons of oil
- Garlic cloves
- An onion
- 2 or 3tomatoes by size
- Fry garlic, onion and tomato in casserole.
- Add water, chickpeas, bouillon cube, salt, when they are cooked, add the handfuls of rice and mint on top.
- 300 gr. of Spinach
- a handful of fresh peppermint leaves
- 1 onion
- 1 tablet of vegetables broth or beef broth according to taste
- 8 slices of stale bread
- 1 clove of garlic
- salt and pepper
- Wash the spinach under the faucet with water. Drain and chop together with peppermint. Fry in a pan with three tablespoons of oil, finely chopped onion. Before they begin to brown, add the chopped vegetables, a liter and a quart of water with bouillon or broth. Season with salt and pepper if necessary. cover and cook for about 20 minutes, rub with the garlic clove slices of toast or fried and put two on each plate and the soup hot, above.
Peppermint and chocolate cream (Dessert)
- 6 egg yolks
- 8 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1/2 l of milk
- Fresh peppermint leaves
- 1 glass of peppermint
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 150 gr of fondan chocolate
- t1/2 l of cream
- 4 tablespoons of icing sugar
- Boil half the milk with mint leaves and let infuse 10 minutes. Strain the milk and set aside. Beat 3 egg yolks with 4 tablespoons of sugar and half the cornstarch into a heavy-bottomed saucepan, pour over mint infusion, add the peppermint and move over the fire until it thickens.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and move it from time to time to keep scab, until cool.
- Boil the remaining milk, melt the chocolate in a double boiler or microwave and join it with milk, move over the fire until they get rid of everything.
- Beat the remaining 3 yolks with the remaining sugar and cornstarch into a heavy-bottomed saucepan, pour the milk with the chocolate and move over the fire until it thickens.
- Cool in the same way that the peppermint cream.
- Whip the cream very cold liquid, add the icing sugar and half join each cold cream ...
- Finally serve as you like, volcano shaped, separated creams or more.
Zucchini cream with peppermint
Yield: 3 persons
- 3 zucchini
- 2 medium onions
- 1 medium leek
- 750 ml of chicken stock
- 50 g of butter
- 40 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh peppermint
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Peel the zucchini and cut them into thin slices. Chop the onions and leek into julienne. Put the vegetables in a pan with oil and butter. Living and fry over low heat 12 minutes, covered.
- Cut a branch of peppermint and add to the pot, stirring with a spoon. Add warm broth. Cover and let it continue cooking 25 minutes more.
- Remove from heat, pass through the blender and add salt and pepper. Serve in soup cups adorned with a sprig of mint. Enjoy.
Bread soup with peppermint
- Leftover stew broth
- Bread of a day or two
- croutons (fried bread)
- Boiled Egg
- Heat the broth leftover.
- While being heated, cook one or two eggs in water for them to stay hard. Then fry a few pieces of bread cut into cubes, avoiding anything may be left with a lot of oil, so it is best to put them on absorbent paper towel and oil well emerge.
- Dice ham into small pieces, one peppermint leaf on each plate, if someone likes tastier two leaves. And cut the bread into slices and deal in the dishes, the slices should be neither too thick nor too thin, normal size.
- When we pour the hot broth using a bucket on each plate over the plan to go running foam. Then we added a few of diced ham, two or three croutons and hard boiled egg.
- And we have our bread soup broth to pot ready to taste. Hope you like the recipe. It is ideal for when it's cold.