Legumes and cereals are very nutritious ingredients that can prepare many dishes, including burgers that both children and adults like; ideal for vegetarian diets rich in fiber, vitamin E, A and B, high content of minerals such as calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, etc. Here we share a very practical and easy to develop them.
- 400 grams or a pot of cooked lentils (best if they are from the previous day)
- A clove of garlic
- Two eggs
- Half a glass of milk
- Bread crumbs
- Half a teaspoon of paprika
- sea salt
- Whole meal flour to coat
- Drain the lentils, add eggs, milk, garlic, paprika and a pinch of salt. Beat with electric mixer until it forms a smooth paste. Add bread crumbs integral gradually, until a firm consistency.
- Make small patties with pasta, with a thickness of about 1 cm. Pass them lightly in flour and fry in hot oil until golden.
- Serve with salad.
Bean and chickpea burger
- 1 cup of chickpeas soaked overnight
- 1 / 2 cup of cooked beans
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 / 4 cup of chopped parsley
- Salt to taste
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- Water, the necessary
- Cup of bread crumbs
- Sesame seeds, optional
- Canola oil, the necessary
- Pour chickpeas, beans, baking powder, spices, garlic, parsley and salt into blender. Add very little water, only necessary for your food processor to grind.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and add the chopped onion and bread crumbs. If it sticks, add more bread flour.
- Mix well until dough is formed. Refrigerate for about an hour.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and shape the burgers, you can put some sesame seeds in your hands to adhere to the dough.
- Put enough oil to heat (it is about an inch thick in the pan) and once the temperature is adequate, put burger to fry. Fry on both sides.
- May accompany with vegetables and salad or, prepare like burgers with bread, mustard and ketchup.
Red beans Burgers
- 1 can of cooked red beans
- 100g of fresh mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of chopped cilantro
- Wholemeal flour
- Oil and sea salt
- Finely chop the onion and garlic and soften in a little oil until browned. Add the cilantro and sliced mushrooms and fry until soft.
- In a bowl, mash the beans and add to creamed mixture, sauté the paste obtained to give more consistency. Allow to cool.
- Then, with floured hands, form patties and place on a platter. Brush with olive oil to prevent sticking and cook for 4 to 5 minutes until golden brown.
- 1 cup of oatmeal
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Parsley, half cup, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. of soy
- 1 egg
- Put to soak the oats in milk for ½ hour (whether oats absorbed everything, and pass through the sieve).
- Add remaining ingredients, mix well and form burgers. Put in the oven or skillet with a little oil and cook.
- ¼ kg of dietary fine bulgur
- 3 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp. of milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- A summer squash, seeded, cored and coarsely grated at the time
- 1 tbsp. of chopped parsley
- 8 comprehensive round loaves
- Tomato slices and lettuce leaves
- Place the bulgur to soak in cold water for 30 minutes. After this time, drain and squeeze slightly to remove excess water.
- Heat a tbsp of oil in a skillet, cook the onion and stir there garlic. Stir in the drained bulgur and milk. Keep at moderate temperature and stir all the time for about 15 minutes or until the mixture starts to join. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Combine egg, grated zucchini and parsley mixture to incorporate the contents of the pan, add salt and pepper and mix well. Divide into 8 portions, then form the patties.
- Coat a pan with a tablespoon of oil, place the burgers there and paint with the remaining oil. Bake in preheated oven 15 minutes maximum or place under the grill for 5-10 minutes on each side.
- Serve on bread with lettuce, tomato and garnish, if desired, cucumbers and yogurt (in slices or cubes), parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
About the author