Published: 05/28/2010 - Updated: 09/15/2018
Author: Nayeli Reyes2 Comments
The liver is a special body that has metabolic and excretory functions, stores certain vitamins and minerals and is involved in the production of hormones and its involvement is crucial in the digestion of fats. One of the most fascinating properties of liver, and other organs do not have, is that it can regenerate, if it is damaged or you lose liver tissue by an accident or surgery, the liver can regenerate itself and regain its normal size.
We all need to take care of our liver to keep it healthy. Refined sugars, excessive intake of protein, alcohol abuse, stress, anger and tension, and the taking of drugs can affect the liver over time.
For your liver to be always in the best conditions, here are some recipes based on foods that are more beneficial to the liver, among which are vegetables, legumes, sprouts, fruits (especially citrus), whole grains, vegetable milk, foods rich in vitamin A (carrots, peppers, papaya, etc..), seaweed, white fish, foods high in folate, like oranges and tomatoes and some herbs such as dandelion.
Fish in tomato sauce
- 100 grams of butter
- 1 onion
- 1 spicy chili
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 kilo of fish, chopped and clean
- Clean, wash and dry fish.
- Make 4 cuts to the fish for the flavors to penetrate. Put in a bowl with vinegar, salt, pepper, leave to marinate for 2 hours and turn around and leave the same time.
- In a skillet, melt the butter in a large saucepan. Add the onion, tomatoes, cumin, salt and pepper. You can add spicy. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Take the fish from the marinade and put vinegar in the pan, cover and cook for 30 minutes over loose. Serve with raw onion, red pepper, endive, lettuce, etc.
Seaweed soup with tofu (Japan)
- 20 g of wakame (dried seaweed)
- 7.5 dL of dashi (Japanese broth of seaweed and fish)
- 250 g of tofu (bean curd), in blocks
- 2 tablespoons of red miso (soybean past)
- Wash the seaweed and cover with water in a small bowl. Stand 15 minutes, drain and cut into small pieces.
- Add the dashi in a pan and bring to a boil. Add the wakame seaweed and tofu, reduce heat and simmer gently for 1 minute.
- Add the miso in a small bowl, add some dashi and stir to dissolve the miso. Remove from heat. Add the miso mixture and stir well. Serve directly.
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALMake Your Eyelashes Grow Naturally
- 4 slices of white bread without crust,
- 2 cloves of garlic
- olive oil
- Oak leaf lettuce,
- Red spinach leaves
- Basil sprouts
- Soy sprouts
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 package of cherry tomatoes
- Flaky sea salt
- Peeled pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of toasted sesame seeds
- Cut the cucumber thinly sliced lengthwise and place in a ring. Crush the garlic with oil and cut the bread into 4 triangles. Flatten bread with a roller and paint the slices with the crushed garlic with oil.
- Brown them in the oven. Mix the vinegar, honey, olive oil, sesame and sunflower seeds. Stir everything and set aside.
- Cut and mix all types of lettuce and place with the ring of cucumber in a bowl. Add above sprouts and tomatoes. Final alignment with the vinaigrette you reserved and salt. The triangles of bread are served to accompany this delicious salad.
Cucumber and wakame salad
- Two or three cucumbers
- Two or three tablespoons of soy sauce
- Four tablespoons of rice vinegar (or apple)
- Two teaspoons of sugar
- A quarter cup of dried wakame
- Sesame Seeds
- Soak the wakame for a quarter of an hour and chop fine.
- Stir over fire soy sauce, vinegar and sugar. Then cool in the refrigerator.
- Cut the peeled cucumber, slice not too thin. Mix with the wakame. Season with cold sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Cream of Carrot
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALFive Pieces of Advice for Liver Health
- 1 kg of carrots
- 1 cup of milk
- 30 g of butter
- 1 liter of mineral water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and cut carrots into slices.
- Place in a saucepan with the butter until it melts.
- Pour the milk and mineral water in the pan, season and leave the fire until the carrots are tender.
- Shred carrots in a blender to form the cream. Serve hot.
About the author
Liver failure can affect the entire body and thus it is a risk for your life so you should keep in mind the health on this important major organ, including foods to benefit the liver is something good, and maybe enough to maintain it healthy, so the diet is everything you need, and prepare this recipes! The carrot cream just looks delicious!
That cream of carrot soup looks fantastic. I just went to Nebraska to visit a friend, and groceries are super cheap there so I bought a bunch of carrots. I’ll have to use some in that tasty looking recipe. When I was younger I used to drink and party a lot, and I wonder if my liver has recovered. Maybe it’s time to do some intensive liver-therapy.