Published: 05/21/2010 - Updated: 11/26/2016
People say that "doctors who have not learned proper nutrition outside the universities continue to recommend milk to combat osteoporosis and strengthen bones." There are many myths about calcium and vitamin C, essential nutrients to strengthen and maintain health of the skeletal system. For example, sometimes it is also believed that vitamin C is found only in citrus fruits, when is abundant in green leafy vegetables such as parsley, alfalfa, broccoli, lettuce, cilantro, etc. As well as in other foods such as radish, cabbage, seaweed, seeds (sesame, pumpkin seeds, etc.). and nuts like almonds, peanuts, etc.
Here are delicious recipes to help your bones to be strong and healthy, are good for athletes, seniors, children, nursing women and people in general.
Ingredients (makes 4 servings):
- 1 tbsp. of tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 300 g of broccoli (flowers only)
- 1 large potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 liter of water
- 1 / 2 pint of cream or buttermilk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wheat bran fine to sprinkle to taste
- 1 sprig of parsley for garnish
- Place the oil in a saucepan and bring to medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and broccoli. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add potatoes, bouillon previously dissolved in a cup of boiling water, then the remaining water.
- Cook until vegetables are very tender. Process with a mixer or a blender or food processor until it forms a cream.
- Add the cream. Reprocess. Bring back to medium heat until boil.
- Season to taste. Serve in bowls or pots. Sprinkle each serving with wheat bran and garnish with parsley.
- 2 tablespoons of izikis algae
- 1 medium onion
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of whole wheat flour
- Soak Iziki algae 15 minutes and strain saving a bit of soaking water. Braise onion and shredded carrots in a pan with olive oil, when are soft, add the teaspoon of flour and seaweed Iziki then add the water to soak the seaweed and soy sauce and cook for 10 minutes.
- We remove from the heat and grind everything to get the consistency of a sauce.
- 100 grams of radish
- 250 cm3 of cream
- 15 stalks of celery
- 100 grams of lettuce
- 200 grams of fresh cheese
- pepper, sea salt
NOTE: The success or failure of the plate depends on the choice of ingredients. In the case of radishes, should be sized for their consistency, less fibrous, fleshy, firm, bright red skin and smooth, seamless whole. The leaves, intense color. Discard the choice of radishes too big or soft or yellow neck. For its conservation, it is necessary to eliminate or consume before the green parts wear out faster. Ideally, store them in the refrigerator with perforated plastic bags.
- In a salad tray, place the celery passed before in boiling water with salt, cut cheese into small cubic pieces, shred lettuce and 75 grams of grated or finely chopped radish.
- With the rest of radish, mix with pepper and cream together in a food processor until a more or less thick dressing and cover the rest of the ingredients.
Millet, pumpkin and nori soup
- 1 / 3 cup of millet washed and drained
- 1 onion cut into cubes
- ¼ small pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- 2 strips of celery finely chopped
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 sheets of toasted nori seaweed
- Sauté onion in a little oil, with bay leaf and a pinch of sea salt in a large pot for 10-12 minutes.
- Add two cups of water, millet and vegetables. Cover and cook over medium heat for 35 minutes.
- Toast the nori for a few seconds, close to the flame (about five centimeters) until its color turns a brighter green. Cut thin strips with scissors. Serve with parsley and strips of nori.
Cabbage with rice
- 2 cups of brown rice
- 1 vegetable stock
- 150 gr. of cooked Brussels sprouts
- 1 cup of red cabbage
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 cup of cooked sliced mushrooms
- 4 stalks celery
- 1 medium carrot cooked
- Mayonnaise, needed
- Chives, required
- Salt and pepper
- Combine cold rice with Brussels sprouts cut in half, the julienned red cabbage, carrots, boiled and cut into slices and mushrooms cooked and sliced.
- Add the chopped pepper and celery into strips, mix mayonnaise and chopped chives, season with salt and pepper, bring the dressing on the side.