Published: 11/15/2012 - Updated: 05/27/2016
The climate is cold and you start to feel like eating warm food? To warm up, nothing is better than a freshly made soup, and you can use many delicious ingredients in its preparation, soups are also very easy to make.
Quick Onion Soup
The onion stimulates appetite, is diuretic and therefore helps to eliminate toxins. It is also an antioxidant, and contains vitamins A, B, C and E, and minerals such as phosphorus, sulfur, magnesium, copper and others.
- 3 medium onions
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 liter beef broth
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- Cut the onions into thin strips, place them in a pan and fry with olive oil, stirring constantly, when they get a golden look, add the sugar and mix well to dissolve it.
- Continue doing step one until onions get light brownish, add the beef broth. Let boil for 10 minutes and remove the fire.
- Serve and sprinkle with chives. Accompany your soup with slices of baked bread with a little butter.
The soups are excellent accompaniments of your meals, plus a rich way to include vegetables in your diet.
- 2 chicken breasts with cheese
- 1 crate of chicken wings
- ½ roasted onion
- 1 clove of roasted garlic
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 potato diced
- 3 spring onions
- 3 cups chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- To prepare the chicken broth, place in a pot half and a liter of water, the two chicken breasts with bones, the crate with wings, onion and roasted garlic, olive oil, season with salt and boil until breast is cooked.
- Remove the breast, shred and return the bones to the liquid, continue to boil for 20 minutes and reserve the liquid. To prepare the broth slice celery, carrots and potatoes into small cubes and stems of spring onions into strips.
- Add the vegetables to the boiling broth and let cook for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add the shredded chicken, if necessary, add a little salt and serve. You can pair it with some lemon juice.
Squash and apple soup
Usually we use apples to make desserts; however, we can also use it as an ingredient in salads and soups.
- ½ tablespoon oil
- ½ apple, peeled and chopped
- ¼ onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 400 grams of zucchini in half moons
- ¼ cup mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon of tarragon, dried and crushed
- Heat oil; fry the apple with the onion, until both are soft. Then in the blender, add the ricotta cheese, and blend until you have a creamy consistency.
- Add ¾ cup broth and then the apple mixture, cover and blend until ingredients are homogenized.
- Place the preparation in a pan.
- Add the remaining broth, squash, mustard and tarragon; mix and cook at low heat.
The potato is an ingredient that can provide us energy in this cold season, and give satiety. To prepare a creamy soup use the following ingredients:
- 3 ½ potatoes
- ½ cup celery
- ½ onion
- 2 ½ teaspoons butter
- 40 ml of water
- 560 ml of milk
- 320 ml of skimmed cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons chicken broth
- 1 pinch of garlic powder
- ½ Bay leaf
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- Peel and cut potatoes and celery into cubes, then cut onion finely. Melt butter and add these ingredients to fry them.
- Add water and boil for about 10 minutes in a pan with a lid.
- Mix half of milk and cream in the preparation. Then add the remaining milk, and season with salt, bay leaf, broth and garlic. Stir and simmer over medium heat.
- Cover and boil for 30 minutes, until it takes a thick consistency. Remove the bay leaves, and serve with the bacon, and scallions for garnish.