Published: 08/02/2010 - Updated: 07/20/2017
The purees are a kind of jam that not only serves as food for babies, but they are an excellent side dish to accompany many dishes such as fish, meats, salads, etc. Besides that, they are very nutritious, very easy to make and can be prepared by combining with vegetables or adding cereal. There are salty and sweet purees, the latter are delicious and practical desserts. On the other hand, the purees are recommended in diets for people who cannot chew food as older people without teeth.
- 1 piece of Roquefort cheese
- 2 k of Pumpkin
- 5 medium potatoes
- 1 green pepper
- Olive oil
- 4 cups of water
- Chopped parsley
- Peel pumpkin, remove seeds, barter with potatoes, green pepper, parsley, salt, pepper and water. Cook in the pan for 15 minutes.
- Blend in a blender and add cheese and oil.
- To decorate it, you can place a square of toast.
Pear and Applesauce
- 4 red apples
- 2 sweet pears
- Lemon juice
- ½ cup of water
- ½ cup of sugar or brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of butter
- Peel the apples and pears, take off the inside part. Sprinkle with lemon juice to prevent darkening and then cut into medium pieces.
- Heat water and add the apples and brown sugar. Cover and cook over medium heat until apples are cooked, drain and crush apples and pears to return to the fire, add butter in pieces mix well and serve.
- 500 g of carrots (cut up)
- 500 g onion (cut into rings)
- 500 g of potatoes (cut into pieces)
- Unsalted butter
- Place the ingredients on the pot and cook until tender.
- Remove water from vegetables, add butter and milk to purée.
- Add salt and it’s ready to eat.
- This dish can be accompanied by a stew of beef.
Mash potatoes and spinach
- 1 kilo of yellow potatoes
- 300 gr. of spinach leaves
- 1 tbsp. of butter
- 1 cup of evaporated milk
- 1 tbsp. of crushed garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the potatoes with a little salt. Once cooked, peel and mash pressed to form a compact mass.
- In a bowl, beat the mashed potatoes while still hot with a little butter and salt, stir in milk gradually until mixture is smooth.
- Heat in a pan a little oil and fry the minced garlic without burning, and add the spinach washed and pre-blended in a little water, cook a few minutes and add the mashed potatoes.
- Mix, taste and serve.
- 250g of chickpeas
- 1 / 2 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 / 4 celery root
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 dl of chicken broth
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 dl of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of cumin
- Place the chickpeas to soak overnight. Cook chickpeas for about an hour.
- Then, remove the water and add the chicken broth and boil for 10 minutes. Next, sauté onion, carrot and celery root in olive oil until tender. The next step is to grind on medium speed, add the chickpeas and continue grinding at medium speed.
- Finally add the lemon juice.
- 50 gr. of cooked lentils
- 2 tbsp. of chopped chicken soup
- 1 / 2 small tomato, chopped
- 1 tsp. of cornstarch
- 1 tsp. of olive oil
- Mash the lentils to make a puree (or process).
- Add cornstarch in the broth, heat until thickened.
- Remove from heat and add the mashed lentils, diced chicken and chopped tomatoes also.
- Dress with oil, mix well and bring to the fire a couple of minutes.