Published: 02/27/2011 - Updated: 07/16/2016
The fainá is a dish that can be prepared in many forms and recipes, the most common are to combine ingredients, then let them stand and cook in oven at 180 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes. This dish is a supplement that is eaten with the pizza, made with chickpea flour, water, olive oil, salt and pepper, but now it can be prepared with other ingredients. The fainá is originated in Genoa, Italy; its original name is farinata (Italian) and fainá Genoese dialect. Its preparation went from Italy to the stores in the Rio de la Plata, Buenos Aires and Montevideo, where pizza is very popular.
- 1 cup of chickpea flour
- 2 cups of warm water
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 / 2 teaspoon of salt and pepper to taste
- Grease a deep pizza mold with oil, place in hot oven for 1 or 2 minutes, mix flour and water, trying to avoid lumps, then add salt and oil.
- Remove mold from oven and place the mixture in it, (which will be quite liquid). Cook in hot oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until top is golden and set. To eat alone or with a slice of pizza.
- 2 large eggplants, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 packet of fainá flour
- 1 / 2 cup olive oil
- Oregano, salt and pepper to taste
- Put oil in a pan, add onion, eggplant, oregano, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add one quarter cup of water, cover and bring to medium heat, stirring occasionally until eggplant tenderized.
- Remove and drain in case they had made plenty of fluids.
- Prepare fainá, as shown and incorporate the preparation of the eggplant. Add about 100cc of water.
- Put a good splash of oil in a pan of 30 x 40, take to hot oven, remove and add the preparation, preferably in hot oven.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until top is golden brown and the dough is apparent from the side of the pan. It is really delicious.
Fainá with pepper
- 6 tablespoons of flour
- 6 tablespoons of grated cheese
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Another tablespoon of grated cheese
- 4 eggs semi-beaten
- 1 and 1/2 of cup milk
- 6 tablespoons of oil
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper
- Place in a pan: 4 tablespoons of oil and 3 tablespoons of water, pour the onion and pepper. Leave covered and simmer until tender, if necessary add more water to prevent sticking. The task is to make ingredients tender, without burning oil. Check cooking, stirring with wooden sticks.
- Put them in the liquid preparation and mix the ingredients. Stir well and if necessary, add more milk. It should be of medium consistency.
- Grease a baking sheet and place in oven to heat, remove the pan and pour the preparation careful not to burn, place in oven for about 20 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- 3 eggs
- 5 tablespoons of oil
- 8 heaping tablespoons of flour
- 8 tablespoons of grated cheese
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of Baking Powder
- 1 cup of milk
- Beat the eggs with oil. Mix half the flour and half the cheese together with baking powder and salt, add a little milk and mix well.
- Add the remaining flour, cheese and milk and stir well to dissolve lumps. Then put the mixture into greased pan and heated in the oven (very important). Bake in medium oven until lightly browned. Do not brown too much.
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups of milk
- 3 tablespoons of corn flour
- 6 tablespoons of wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 3 / 4 cup of grated cheese
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 / 4 cup of olive or corn oil
- 2 medium onions
- 1 medium potato
- Salt to taste (keep in mind that the cheese and cube already have salt)
- 3 medium zucchini
- For these quantities ,we need a pan of 27x40cm.
- Grease pan generously with oil and place in oven to warm while preparing the fainá.
- Blend eggs, milk, corn flour, wheat flour, baking powder, grated cheese, bouillon cube, oil, onions, potatoes and seasonings. Blend everything well.
- Besides, wash the zucchini and cut into slices not too thin, a little more than half a centimeter.
- Remove pan from oven and pour some of the previous preparation, to cover bottom of pan.
- Then distribute all of the zucchini slices and pour the rest of the preparation. Cook like the other recipes.