Vegetarians don’t fight the forms of food, and can enjoy very good sausages, hams, chops, meatballs, etc., when these do not contain animal flesh. The vegetarian sausages are a mixture of spices with other ingredients of plant origin, especially soybeans, and are an excellent alternative to prepare a multitude of dishes. If you have a vegetarian child, you can include in their menu these fun and nutritious dishes. Do not forget to keep the diet of small well-mixed with fruit, vegetables and seeds.
Pasta with sausage
- 4 vegetarian sausages
- 100 gr. of short spiral pasta (or to taste)
- cream to taste
- Salt and vegetable consommé powder
- Vegetables to taste (I like to put squash chopped)
- Cook the pasta for the time indicated on the package and when it is ready, drain.
- In a bowl mix the cream, salt, pepper and chopped vegetables, add the pasta and mix thoroughly avoiding breaking.
- In a skillet, stir-fry the sausages with a little butter (not roasted), previously had to be cut into small pieces.
- Place the pasta on a plate and put the sausage. Mix gently. Decorate with sausages.
Vegetarian ham strips with vegetables
Yield: about 2 adults and 2 children
- 5 slices of vegetarian
- ham Juice of 2 lemons (or to taste)
- Soy sauce
- Sweet Pumpkin
- Olive oil
- Fresh Oregano
- Cheese that melts
- Cut the ham into thin strips and marinate with lemon, soy sauce and a little thyme and salt for one hour.
- Stir-fry in the skillet (do not brown or very little)
- Cut vegetables into cubes before precooked (boil very little), add a bit of olive oil and some fresh oregano leaves.
- Place ham in a bowl and arrange the zucchini to taste the ham. Cover with slices of cheese to melt and keep the oven a few minutes so the cheese melts.
Vegetarian chorizo tortilla
Yield: 4 guests
- 6 eggs
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 red tomato
- A half cup of vegetarian sausage
- 1 onion
- A bit of olive oil
- Wash the zucchini before cutting into slices. If the squash has the thin skin, do not peel is necessary.
- Peel and chop the onion.
- In a skillet heat the olive oil and chopped onion without fry, over medium heat.
- Allow the onion a few minutes and then add the chorizo, finely chopped red tomatoes, slices of zucchini and let cook a few minutes the mixture with salt to taste until well seasoned.
- Whisk the eggs and mix with the sausage mixture over low heat until the tortilla curd. Turn until cooked on both sides.
- Serve decorated with tomato sauce (you can draw a face if your child is very young).
Sweet jam tacos
Serves: 4 people
- 1 package of vegetarian ham
- 1 package of mashed potatoes (if you make your home much better)
- 1 / 2 liters of milk
- 1 package of cheese plates
- 100 grams of cheese or, if you like blue cheese
- 100 grams of grated cheese
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes
- Prepare the mashed potatoes with a pint of water and a pint of milk (or according to package instructions). If you have time, do your 3 mashed potatoes with a little water, salt and butter. Cook whole and then liquefy, gradually adding water until the puree is a good consistency.
- Once puree is ready, add that even when the hot Roquefort cheese or stir well, reserve.
- In a skillet with oil Fry the tomato seasoning and add a little oregano.
- In a furnace for the first extended vegetarian ham slices and then put a layer of cheese over each of the slices.
- With the help of a spoon, put a strip of the mixture of mashed potatoes with cheese over the slices of ham and cheese and roll carefully.
- Once this is done, and the rolls are prepared put in a tray as "cannelloni". Take over the tomato sauce, spread grated cheese and bake.
Tofu and vegetables tamales
Yield: 4 persons
- 1 ½ pound (750 grams) of corn threshing. It gets to soak in water for three days, changing the water daily, drained and crushed with a little water and kneaded well.
- 10 ripe tomatoes
- 6 large stalks of onion
- 4 onions
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 red pepper
- 2 sweet peppers
- saffron dissolved in water
- Salt, pepper and cumin to taste
- 3 tablespoons of lard or oil
- 1 pound of tofu
- Cream cheese to taste
- 1 cup of vegetarian ham (or to taste)
- 3 pounds yellow potatoes
- 1 pound carrots
- ½ pound of green peas
- ¼ pound of capers
- 4 hard boiled eggs sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 large onion stalks
- Salt, pepper and cumin to taste
- Heat the oil and lightly fry all the first ingredients over medium heat, stirring until a smooth sauce (20 minutes approx.)
- Stir and crumble the tofu with capers, finely chopped garlic, finely chopped onion, salt, pepper, cumin and a dash of soy. Let marinate refrigerated for two days.
- The dough is dissolved in water, and it gets salt, half the households, the tofu, pre-cooked and seasoned vegetables, egg and stir well. It is tested until the stuffing seasoned to taste, well stirred, avoiding the vegetables can be pureed, which are chopped very small. Integrating the cream cheese and ham to the mix.
- For the cover, use banana leaves cut in squares 25 to 30 centimeters.
- Two banana leaves is a portion of the preparation, close with the first leaf and is reinforced by the second, tied tightly and start cooking in boiling salted water for 1 ½ hours. The pot is covered with banana leaves and cover.