Published: 08/21/2010 - Updated: 10/06/2018
Author: K. Laura Garcés G3 Comments
The diet of a child with asthma is the foundation to help his/her healing. Avoiding refined flours, processed products and animal fats (including cow's milk) and refined sugar, is essential for a deep healing of asthma. These products harm the body's defenses and deteriorate and damage the nervous system. You should include vegetable juices such as alfalfa, tomatoes, celery, carrot, seaweed, etc. Garlic is a natural antibiotic for excellence. Giving a bit of garlic before breakfast with a glass of warm water is a very positive aid to combat asthma.
Here are some recipes that will promote a healthier body in your child.
- 6 medium white potatoes
- 1 sprig of parsley, chopped
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 cup of diced carrots
- 1 piece of onion
- Oil for frying
- Consommé (or bouillon powder and water)
- Sea salt
- Peel the potatoes and cut into rectangles. In blender, grind the tomatoes with the piece of onion, parsley and a pinch of salt.
- In a pan with a little oil, fry tomato until grind.
- Add the diced potatoes and carrots, season after a few minutes, pour the broth.
- Put salt to taste and simmer until potato is cooked. Avoid long cooking potatoes and carrots, preferably should be a bit crunchy.
- 2 cups of spinach
- 1 egg
- Salt to taste
- Whole wheat flour
- A little oil
- Wash and place spinach on low heat. In the first low boil, let them stand.
- In another bowl, take the flour to your taste, egg, salt, and mix.
- Add spinach and mix.
- Take a pan, put oil and throw all of this mixture there.
- Leave to simmer until brown. Also you can add chopped fresh cheese.
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALSpirulina: How to take, uses and characteristics
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 6 tbsp. of fluid skim milk
- 6 tablespoons of skim-milk powder
- 2 bunches of spinach, chopped
- 1 onion
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp of low-fat cheese
- ½ liter of skim milk
- 2 tbsp. of cornstarch
- Roast and peel peppers
- Salt and nutmeg
- Beat eggs slightly, add the milk and then powdered milk, whisking vigorously to avoid lumps. Make the pancakes.
- Apart, sauté the onion with cooking spray and when golden, add chopped spinach, pour into a bowl, season, add the cheese and mix. Fill the crepes, fold into quarters and arrange them overlapping on the plates.
- Sauce: Blend the peppers with a little milk, add cornstarch, bring the remaining milk and heat when it starts to boil add the mixture and stir until it thickens, remove from heat add salt, pepper and grated nutmeg. Pour over pancakes in the center from top to bottom.
Peach, apple and gobi berry salad
- 4 peaches, cut into eighths
- 2 chopped red apples
- 2 chopped green apples
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1 cup of goji berries
- 1 cup of whole nuts for garnish
- ½ liter of liquid buttermilk or sour cream
- Brown sugar or honeyto taste
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALRice: Intestinal Regulatory, Cardiovascular Health, Cancer Prevention and more
- Arrange the peaches in a bowl. Place mixed green apples, red apples and nuts in the center.
- Mix cream and sugar or honey and cover the fruit.
- To decorate pour a little cream and place the whole nuts over.
Vegetable and amaranth croquettes
- 250 gr. of amaranth flour
- 150 gr. of cooked and roasted carrots
- 150 gr. of pea
- 100 gr. of mashed potatoes
- 8 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Combine the amaranth flour with the eggs, add chopped and cooked carrot cubes, peas, mash.
- Form cakes, which are battered with amaranth flour.
- Fry avoid browning and baking a lot.
About the author
My nephew have this condition and she?s 12 now, she had a lot of problems during childhood even though her parents give her a lot of medicines and stuff, maybe they didn?t think about the importance of the diet in children with asthma, so I?m going to send then this article right now to make them understand this, thanks.
my nephew has this problem, they parents doesn’t care about the food and that’s a problem because he can get anything if he’s not healthy, I hope to make understandthat by sending them this article!
It’s not very often that you heart that much about being able to control asthma via diet and foods. A lot of times people are led to believe that pharmaceutical solutions are the only viable option for protecting oneself against disease. I’m so glad you wrote this article, because it shows that you really can let food be your medicine!