When the baby turns one year, you can offer a series of different food. During this second year, you can start introducing more varied food and help to form healthy habits. During this year, a baby gets better chewing more solid foods and can enjoy at the table with the family. It is recommended that you avoid giving sugary drinks like soda, canned and processed products with preservatives. A healthy and educated feeding is a key factor to prevent the baby from developing allergies or other diseases.
Here is a table showing the nutritional requirements needed for your baby at this stage:
Protein: 25-30 g / day
Carbohydrates: 110-160 g / day
Calories: 1200-1300 Kcal / day
Fat: 30-45 g / day
Here are some recipes that your baby will love:
Oatmeal with raisins (for the whole family)
- 1 cup of soy milk
- ¾ cup of oatmeal
- Raisins to taste
- A cinnamon stick
- Rice Molasses
- Boil water with cinnamon, in a separate bowl put the oats to soak.
- As the water has boiled with the cinnamon, add the oats and raisins and boil for 5 minutes and then milk, you must stir constantly because it can stick and burn. When boiled for 10 minutes, remove from heat and serve, either in bowls or cup.
- 4 cups of grated or shredded carrots
- 1 cup of raisins
- 1 cup of cooked squash and diced
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- extra virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl, mix lemon juice, oil and salt.
- Add the carrots and squash until well blended.
Tuna pasties (for the whole family)
- 2 cans of tuna
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 1 kilo of flour
- 1 lettuce
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 cup of cream
- 2 lemons
- Oil, the necessary
- Salt to taste
- Guise tuna with tomato, pepper and chopped onion, and add the salt.
- Mix the flour with a little water and a pinch of salt. Knead and when ready, form six balls and flatten with a press.
- Fill the dough with a tuna casserole, put them to fry in hot oil and when browned, put them to drain for a while.
- Serve and place them over a spoonful of cream. Pair it with lettuce, cucumbers and lemon juice.
- 2 tender zucchinis
- 20 gr. of butter
- 1 piece of onion, chopped
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon of flour
- 1 egg yolk
- Sea salt
- Cream and nutmeg to serve
- Peel and cut zucchini into chunks. Melt the butter in a frying pan and put the zucchini and onion for 10 minutes. Add the broth and continue cooking until squash is tender. Allow to cool slightly and pass through a food mill with a little milk.
- Season. Back to the fire season with the egg yolk and a dash of milk.
- Serve with a dollop of cream on top and a pinch of nutmeg.
Pasta and vegetable salad
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 diced chayote
- 1 cup of broccoli
- ¼ cup of chopped onion
- 4 cups of cooked pasta
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, low sodium
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Half cup lemon of juice
- 1 tablespoon of chopped basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, mix the pasta and vegetables.
- In another bowl, integrate well the soy sauce, oil, honey, salt and lemon. Pour dressing over pasta with vegetables, mix gently and garnish with cherry tomatoes.
The best of Pregnancy & Parenting
Products related with Recipes for children from 1 to 2 years
You have not found what you were looking for?