Published: 09/10/2010 - Updated: 05/25/2019
Author: Nayeli Reyes2 Comments
The cereal bars are a great food since are nutritious and both children and adults like; they can be very easily prepared at home, with the advantage that the bars are totally natural and fresh, and maybe a nice way begin to instill in children a good diet if we let them help.
Oatmeal and Peanut Bars
- 200 grams of oats
- 200 grams of peanuts (shelled and twisted)
- 200 grams of shredded coconut
- 200 grams of peeled sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp. of honey or molasses
- 1 tbsp. of glucose
- Heat the sugar and honey until melted over low heat to prevent burning, then incorporate all ingredients and mix quickly until a sticky dough.
- Place in a baking pan with waxed paper (you can spread butter too), the preparation is distributed evenly and taken to the refrigerator until chilled, remove the mold and cut the size and shape desired.
Almond and chocolate bars
- 50 g of chopped almonds
- 100g of chopped walnuts
- 50 grams of whole pine nuts
- 50 g of chopped dried fruit (may be pineapple, apple, etc.)
- 100 g of sesame seeds
- 50 grams of rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 90 grams of honey bee
- 90 g of apricot jam
- 200 g of chocolate cover
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave for 1 minute at maximum power.
- In a bowl, put all dry ingredients, stir and add the honey, jam and a quarter of the melted chocolate.
- Line a rectangular tray with baking paper and spread the mixture with a spoon to crush it, so that no air is inside, paint with the remaining melted chocolate, and place in preheated oven at 180 º for 15 minutes, remove and let chill well before cutting into bars.
Mixed cereal bars
Ingredients (for 20 units)
- 300 g of thick rolled oats
- 50 g of wheat bran
- 50 g of puffed rice
- 100 g of butter
- 150 g of brown sugar
- 150 g of honey
- 2 egg of whites
- 100 g of raisins (seedless)
- 50 g of peanuts
- 50 g of chocolate in pieces
- 100 g of grated coconut
- Grated orange peel
- Vanilla extract
- Melt the butter. Add brown sugar, honey, egg whites and mix well. Add the remaining ingredients and continue mixing until it forms a paste.
- Place in a square or rectangular pan (not too big) and cook for 20 minutes at moderate oven. Remove from oven, cut into rectangles (while hot) and cool.
Puffed rice and linseed bars
- 2 cups approx. of puffed rice
- 2 teaspoons of butter
- 1 / 2 package of chocolates
- 2 or 3 cups of almond granola
- 5 tablespoons of linseed
- 2 tablespoons of water
- A mold floured and buttered
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALBurn fat
- Melt butter over hot water.
- Then, once melted, add the chocolate and immediately add 2 tablespoons of water to help it melt. Later, as the chocolates are melted, reduce heat slightly and add the granola, flax and puffed rice to give them more substance to the future bars.
- Mix well, pour the mixture with a trowel in the mold, make nice match and preferably be rectangular in shape.
- Let dry, then with a pizza cutter, cut in the form of bars.
Walnut and dates bars
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1 cup of chopped dates
- 2 eggs
- 5 tbsp of flour
- 1 / 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- Sugar glass
- Sift flour with salt and baking powder; in a bowl beat eggs until thick and yellow color clearly, put sugar gradually while beating, add the sifted flour mixture, then nuts and dates.
- In a well-oiled baking pan, spread the batter with a wooden spatula checking that it is about 2 cm high
- Preheat oven to 160 C and bake until starting to brown, are like 20 minutes
- Remove the pan from the oven and let cool.
- Cut the bars and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
About the author
Delicious! It?s amazing to know how to prepare your own cereal bars at home and give them to your children and even for your diet! I?m going to try to prepare the last recipes but instead of dates I will use something like small apples or maybe blueberries, which will make the bars even more delicious!
Aaaah! I can’t wait to try them ALL! I only have one “cereal” bar recipe up until now, and that had a lot of figs and almonds in it, but no real grains. I’m so excited that I foudn these recipes because they’re going to be perfect for taking on the bike! Wonderful recipes, I don’t know how you come up with them all.