Bread is the most versatile food in the kitchen of the world, one of the best companions for lunch, dinner or breakfast, very energetic and nutritional ingredients are used in its preparation. Bread is an important source of protein, vitamins and minerals like vitamin B, phosphorus, magnesium and potassium. Here are some recipes for seasoning and make bread of ways.
- 1 loaf of bread or baguette
- 100 g of butter
- a sprig of parsley
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Without separating the slices of all, cut the loaf of bread (dipping the knife only half).
- In a bowl, let the butter melt a little, beat it with crushed garlic, chopped parsley, pepper and salt.
- Wrap loaf in foil and place in preheated oven about 10 minutes.
- If you want to be very crisp bread, once it has been soaked in butter, at 5 minutes in the oven, you can remove the foil.
- Olive Oil first cold pressing (extra virgin)
- Sea salt
- Raw garlic (garlic cloves) peeled
- Ripe tomatoes (best to use those tomatoes that have plenty of juice and little pulp).
- A loaf of bread to taste
- Toast slices (not too much because it should not be toast). Traditionally, it is grilled but can also be made with a toaster or oven.
- Then peel and cut a garlic clove in half and rub it on a bit of toast.
- We will cut a tomato, also by half and rub it around the bread.
- Spread a thin trickle of olive oil and add roasted whole, optionally, a pinch of salt.
Home style bread (Argentina)
- 750 gr offlour
- A glass of warm water
- 40 grams of yeast for bread
- 1 egg
- Salt (optional, but greatly improves)
- Olive Oil
- When we go to knead, preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- In a deep bowl, dissolve yeast in water and add the egg, mix well with salt. Then add the flour gradually and knead vigorously seeking the dough off the bowl, if not,l continue adding flour until this happens. The kneading should last at least ten minutes. The more you work the better off the bread.
- Oil your hands to shape the bread.
- Add oil to baking pan (preferably warm).
- Form the bread in the center, cover well with tea towels or any piece of woolen cloth. This is very important because the dough ferment much faster.
- If it can be placed near a heating or any heat source much better. In half an hour or three quarters will be ready. It must achieve at least double its volume.
- This is the time to lower the oven temperature to 180 degrees and put the bread. Before, make a couple of cuts lengthwise (so you do not break where possible).
- Cooking time is about forty-forty-five minutes. When it is golden, turn to brown base.
Vegetarian ham bread (Venezuela)
- 2 tbsp of brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups of warm water
- 2 tablespoons of instant yeast (granulated)
- 1 liter of warm milk
- 250 grams of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 kg of wheat flour to make bread (not self-rising in South America is used to refer to yeast or dough with the ability to ferment or leaven.)
- 1 ½ pounds of vegetarian ham
- 250 Grams. and / or 20 slices or slices of bacon
- 450 Grams of stuffed olives
- 350 grams of raisins
- 250 grams of brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 4 teaspoons of capers, 1 per bread (optional)
- In a medium bowl, dissolve the brown sugar in warm water. Add and mix 2 tablespoons yeast, cover with a cloth and set aside until bubbly and lift (15 minutes)
- In bowl or large bowl, mix milk and 200 grams of butter. Add ½ teaspoon of salt and remaining sugar.
- Immediately add the flour and mix with hands or a mixer. Add the first mixture with yeast and continue mixing until a consistent dough. If too dry, add a little more milk, but if it is loose, add more flour.
- Then, put the ball of dough on a board or table and knead until the mixture no longer sticks to hands. Cover with a cloth and let stand until adjournment. (about 1 hour)
- Divide dough into 4 parts of equal weight. Stretch it with a roller to achieve a layer or rectangular form.
- In a sauté or frying pan, heat the bacon but leave toast, only to melt some oil.
- Smear dough with oil from the bacon and place a quarter of ham, a quarter of the olives, 5 strips of bacon, a quarter of raisins and one quarter of capers if you choose to use them. All well distributed.
- The dough is wrapped carefully like a spiral. You press the ends down to close the bread. The operation is repeated for each of the other parts of the remaining doughs.
- Place the loaves on a greased tray with butter and small holes are opened on each bread evenly with a fork.
- While the bread ferment again in a saucepan over medium heat, heat water to dissolve the brown sugar, to achieve a consistent substance. Strain.
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees centigrade, and pur bread. 30 minutes are left until they rise up and begin to brown.
- Then remove them. With a brush, smear over with brown sugar. Turn to bake to finish cooking about 10 minutes.