A child may be diagnosed as allergic to eggs, milk, some cereals such as wheat, soybeans, some flour, walnuts or peanuts, tree nuts, fish, seafood, etc. An allergy is an immune system overreaction to a harmless element. Having a child with allergies is not easy for a parent, especially the symptoms can get very annoying.
The allergies can be treated in many ways, usually resorting to antihistamines or medicine, however, natural medicine offers valuable and effective ways to treat allergies without recourse to doctors or medicines, which often just numb symptoms without addressing the root cause, ultimately weakening the body's defense system and making this become dependent on chemicals to react and defend.
Food is one of the cornerstones to soften and eliminate allergies. The recipes below have specially selected ingredients without allergens and with the intention of which are attractive and rich for your child. However, it is necessary to check if there is some ingredient in the recipe that might cause allergy to your child.
Ingredients (1 serving)
- 60 gr. of chickpea flour
- 150 cc. of water
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
- Red tomato sauce prepared at home by mixing 2 ripe tomatoes with a piece of onion, a clove of garlic and basil and salt.
- Mix water with oil and salt. Add the flour, left with a semi-liquid consistency. Place in a baking dish, previously oiled. Pour the preparation. Cook over moderate oven for 15 to 20 minutes until golden.
- Spread the tomato paste and decorate with steamed vegetables seasoned with salt and pepper. You can also decorate with bits of avocado, olives, vegetarian ham (if not allergic to soy, etc.).
For children who are allergic to cow's milk or casein
- 100 gr. of wheat flour
- 100 gr. of brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 10 gr. of margarine or 1 tbsp. of neutral oil
- 100 ml of orange or lemon juice
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALHomemade Cosmetics: Make your own natural products
- Mix sugar, egg, margarine. Beat, form a cream, add flour gradually. Then, add the orange or lemon juice. Whisk until an average consistency, neither too thick nor too watery. Place on a baking cake molds, previously oiled and floured. Place in oven, preheated over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes. Prick with toothpick to make sure is done.
They do not contain milk, egg and almonds, nuts, etc.
- 300 g of flour (if celiac check any special meal that contains no wheat, barley, oats or rye)
- 200 g of butter
- 300 g of icing sugar
- ½ pinch of ground cinnamon
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- If your child can eat almond or nuts, you can add 300 g of ground almonds
- Sift the flour, almonds (if using) and sugar. Add butter and cinnamon. Knead until a smooth paste.
- Roll out the dough thick and, using a pastry cutter, cut discs that sit on a plate of oven. If you do not have cookie cutter, the dough can be rolled on itself, forming a roller and cut into slices.
- Bake at 160 º C for 40 minutes. Cool and sprinkle with icing sugar. Wrap in tissue paper of different colors. And here are the cookies. Let them cool, it is convenient for placing 24 hours in the baking tray before handling. Serve dusted with icing sugar and, if desired, wrap with colored paper.
Pasta with amaranth and tapioca flour
Excellent for celiac children, or allergic to milk and nuts
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALCan we inherit Diabetes?
- 125 g of amaranth flour
- 125g of Tapioca Flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons of water
- Sift flour into a large bowl.
- Make a hole in the center then add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- At the same time on a lightly floured surface, knead for 10 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let sit 20 minutes.
- Roll out thinly and form any type of pasta of your choice. Cook in boiling water for 3-4 minutes.
- Season your pasta to taste, either with tomato sauce and vegetables or as best you like.
- 225g flour without gluten
- 110 g of butter at room temperature
- 1 medium egg
- 1 x 15ml tablespoons of cold water
- 8 molds for cupcakes
- 3 semi-cooked apples (peeled, seeded and sliced)
- 3 x 15ml tablespoons of cornstarch
- Prepare filling to allow some time to cool. Place prepared apple slices in a medium sized container with water. Tape and finish in the microwave for 3 to 4 minutes until just cooked without turning into a puree. Remove.
- Prepare the dough. Place half the mixture measured in a medium bowl with remaining ingredients of the dough.
- Mix until a soft dough with a fork. Add remaining mix and weight work together first with a fork and then with the hand to gather into a ball.
- On a work surface, lightly dusted with flour, mix and knead for a full 2 minutes until completely smooth.
- Divide dough into 8 pieces. Cut 4 pieces round with the thickness of a coin adding more flour if necessary to prevent sticking each piece.
- Cover pie or ice cream molds (8) with pieces of dough, covering the edges of the mold well with it and doing lines with the coin. Remove the excess dough.
- Sprinkle with cornmeal and brown sugar each mold with the paste.
- Brush with water.
- Roll out the dough remaining 4 pieces to make pastry lids.
- Fill with apples cooked and mashed previously added with sugar and cinnamon.
- Cover with tops of dough and squeeze until they are completely united.
- Bake until dough is golden place.
- Put a knife in the dough before removal from the oven to verify that the cakes are cooked.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before gently removing the mold.
About the author