Published: 09/29/2010 - Updated: 05/25/2019
Author: Nayeli Reyes2 Comments
The combination of fresh vegetables with brown rice is one of the most nutritious dishes; it is an ideal source of antioxidants and fiber, recommended for diets where you want to lose weight, people with high cholesterol, skin problems, allergies, infections, etc. Brown rice is one that maintains its scale and its dark color, so it keeps its nutritional properties intact.
The ideal thing is to eat one of these salads every day either for lunch or dinner to strengthen the immune system and purify the body from infections, viruses and toxins, or if you want to lose weight, you'll see that you can lose up to seven kilos in less than a month.
Mexican Rice Salad
Yield: 4 people
- 200 g of brown rice
- 1 tomato
- 150 g of artichoke hearts or hearts of palm
- 1 / 2 yellow and green bell pepper
- 1 endive
- 2 scallions
- 1 roasted red pepper
- 1 egg cooked
- Chopped parsley
- Olive oil
- Water, necessary
- Boil rice as directed on package, add salt. Drain, cool and reserve.
- Scald and peel tomatoes. Cut into cubes and reserve.
- To make the dressing, mix in a bowl of chopped onions and egg yolk, olive oil, salt, lemon and parsley.
- Mix cooked rice with diced tomatoes, chopped bell pepper and vinaigrette.
- Prepare a bowl with endive leaves across the back and put the cooked rice in the center. Cut into slices and place the palm over rice.
- Decorate the salad with strips of roasted pepper and sprinkle half the grated egg white.
- Add a little more dressing and serve.
Rice Salad for autumn
- 1 cup of brown rice, previously soaked and drained several times to wash
- 2 umeboshi plums
- Half kombu seaweed flake very finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- One tablespoon of parsley
- 2 tablespoons of leek (leaves)
- Olive oil
- 2 florets (chopped) of raw cauliflower
- Green and black olives
- Carrot grated
- Avocado (1 small)
- Purple lettuce
- 3 mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon of chopped seedless raisins
- Medium stalk celery cut
Salsa all-i-oli (optional):
- 2 heads of garlic
- Olive oil: crush the garlic cloves in a mortar and keep adding oil and salt to form a mayonnaise.
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALWhat is Organic Agriculture?
- Cook the garlic cloves in a saucepan with parsley and leeks.
- Then add the rice without water and it cook about 10 minutes. Then add water (2 cups), plums and algae.
- When al dente drain and remove the plums. We'll leave it to cool and add the remaining vegetables.
- It can be molded into a pie pan, unmold and serve alongside the all-i-oli.
Nutritive Rice Salad
Ingredients (2 persons):
- 150 grams of rice
- 100 grams of lettuce
- 50 grams of onion
- 1 large carrot
- 1 tomato
- 2 tablespoons of sweet corn
- 2 thick slices of semi cured cheese
- 1 can of tuna
- 12 olives
- Tarragon vinegar (red wine or white vinegar)
- Olive oil first pressure
- Boil water for rice
- Put water in a pileup, when boiling, add the rice and half spoon of salt. Cook rice according to the instructions.
- While rice cooks, peel the carrot and tomato. Cut the carrot into cubes and do the same with tomato, onion and cheese.
- Wash the lettuce, drain well and cut into julienne (thin strips not too long). Chop half the olives.
- Drain tuna and put it in a dish along with all the vegetables (including corn), cheese and olives.
- When rice is cooked, drain and wash under running water thoroughly. Back to drain well and pour a splash of olive oil. Mix well and prevent it from sticking, then add it to the source with the other salad ingredients.
- Put a good dash of tarragon vinegar and a pinch of oregano. Mix well and put in the fridge for an hour to blend flavors.
Rice and vegetable Salad
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil
- Basil to taste
- 2 cucumbers
- 300 grams of white rice
- 1 lettuce
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of coarse salt
- 3 ripe tomatoes
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALSyrup sap
- Cut the cucumber into slices, sprinkle with coarse salt and bring it to the refrigerator 20 to 30 minutes (to digest it better.)
- Remove and wash well to remove salt.
- Boil rice in salted water, remove when al dente and refresh under running cold water. Reserve.
- Peel the tomatoes, cut into quarters and remove seeds.
- Wash, dry and cut lettuce.
- Place the rice, tomatoes, cucumber and lettuce in a salad.
- Season with oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Take to the fridge covered with plastic wrap for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- When serving, garnish with basil leaves.
Rice Salad with goat cheese (tofu)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 green or red pepper, diced
- 250g of rice
- Pinch of cayenne powder
- 1 little saffron
- 750 ml of water broth
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 250g of cherry tomatoes
- 180g of sliced black olives
- 150g of white tofu or goat cheese
- 4 tablespoons of chopped parsley
For the sauce:
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of chopped fresh basil
- 80 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Roast a little onion, add garlic, and peppers.
- Allow a few minutes on the fire and add the rice and cayenne powder.
- Dissolve the bouillon cube in water heated over the fire.
- Pour vegetable broth over rice.
- Add cherry tomatoes, cover and simmer 12 to 15 minutes over low heat.
- At the end of cooking, add the parsley and olives.
- Prepare the sauce: In a bowl, mix the lemon juice, olive oil, the basil, salt and pepper.
- Dress the rice with the sauce.
- Serve with cheese or tofu grated dig.
About the author
Rice is something that can complete and combine a food very good and I think it?s not unhealthy if you know how to consume it in a proper way, combining it with vegetables can be a really a good idea since you have a healthy dish with energy, vitamins and minerals important for the entire body, amazing recipes by the way.
Mmm! What fantastic sounding recipes! I just actually ate a super tasty whole grain cous cous salad today and it was spectacular! I’m super excited to try these recipes that you have here, they all sound like potential favorites to take to parties and gatherings. I think a lot of these would go over well for the crowds.