Published: 11/19/2008 - Updated: 05/26/2016
The cold season requires a proper diet not only for the system to be strong and ready to adapt to low temperatures, but for our skin, hair and eyes, which are those that are directly exposed to cold air, to remain very healthy and avoid extreme dryness, redness and other consequences caused climate corrosive aggression. So we must take mainly adequate intake of vitamin C, protein and vegetable oils. If you want to know more on this subject, see our Natural Health Blog.
This is a dessert-hot drink in Mexico and is taken in the cold season. It contains a lot of vitamin C, ideal for strengthening the immune system and also is delicious!
- 250 grams. of peeled tamarind
- 4 diced guavas
- 3 apples, peeled and cut into cubes
- 200 grams of prunes
- 1 stick of cinnamon, large
- 3/4 kg. of brown sugar
- 2 liters of water
- 2 orange peel
- 1 bottle of rum (optional)
- In a bowl, and separately with little water, cook the following ingredients: The tamarind (until soft), then remove the seeds and pass through a sieve with all the pulp.
- Guavas and apples are cooked until tender without falling apart.
- The prunes until tender remove the seeds.
- With the brown sugar, cinnamon and orange peel to make a thick syrup.
- Remove the cinnamon and peel.
- Put all ingredients in a crock pot with the water where they are cooked.
- Place on the fire and let boil 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the rum.
Hot milk of soy, amaranth and almonds
- A glass ofsoy milk
- 1 tablespoon of pollen
- 2 tablespoons of amaranth
- 8 almonds
- Honey or molasses to taste
- Grind in a blender.
- Bring to boil, then turn off and let stand a few minutes with the pot covered to take the taste of milk.
- Take as hot as possible, ideal for bedtime.
Fresh juice to strengthen the immune system
(To prevent and combat allergies, colds, flu, cough and respiratory diseases and skin (to take on an empty stomach in the morning)
- 2 tablespoons of chlorophyll
- Juice of 3 lemons
- 1 kiwi
- 1 tablespoon of pollen
- 2 tablespoons of shredded coconut
- Mix everything and serve.
- No straining, slowly sipping fasting, chewing if necessary.
- If you want help with this juice to fight an infection or allergy, add a clove of garlic to the mix or take garlic chewed and then drink the juice to keep the flavor of the garlic.
Vegetable juice for skin
- 6 fresh carrots.
- A cup of alfalfa.
- A branch of celery.
- One tablespoon of sunflower seeds.
- 1 tablespoon of oatmeal (omit if you are a celiac)
- In the vegetable extractor, extract the juice of carrots and celery.
- In blender put the juice and alfalfa, oats, sunflower seeds and grind.
- If desired, add a little honey, although naturally it is delicious.
- Drink slowly, preferably in the evening.
Infusion for body warmth and encouragement
- 2 parts rosemary.
- 2 parts of mint.
- 1 part of catnip, is a herbaceous plant whose taste and smell is like peppermint.
- 1 part of chamomile.
- Honey or molasses.
- Mix all ingredients in a pot with a glass of water.
- Bring to a boil and turn off.
- Let stand a few minutes and serve hot.
- Sweeten with honey or brown sugar (brown sugar on piece)