Sesame, tree nuts, peanuts, almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, canola, flax, safflower, etc. are some of the foods that are in the group oilseeds. These foods are high in fat natural (mono and poly unsaturated), contain calories indispensable and vital to the body. Their content are beneficial fats (no-cholesterol) and this helps the organism to be used as a food that helps reduce the saturated fat in the body and prevents disease cardiovascular, obesity, diabetes, etc.
These foods, rich in vegetable proteins, are ideal and essential in the diet, replaced a formidable all foods that contain saturated fats or processed as sausages, meats, etc. that are high in harmful fats in the body. Containing a high percentage of naturally occurring proteins are foods that can be used very productively for athletes, vegetarians, people intolerant of saturated fat, etc.
We must emphasize that most of the oil is extracted most of the oils, such as canola seed, flax, safflower, soybean, etc.. These oils, when processing, lose many of the properties, and fat, which previously were not saturated, they become saturated. In addition, the high heat with the oil destroys some vital elements of oilseeds which are the enzymes. On the other hand, when the oil is extracted from the seed leaving a surplus with which the industry produces flour and pasta of all kinds. And in this process of refinement, the seed loses many properties affecting its nutritional value and, unless it is supplemented with some synthetic vitamins, you eat almost anything with very little nutritional value.
Therefore, it is always preferable oilseeds consumed in its natural state, or buy those that are pastes or flour or have gone through a process of very "homely", i.e. they have not gone through the process of refinement.
Eating as simple and natural as possible requires, indeed, a very high degree of love and respect for oneself. Certainly it costs, in some cases eliminating anything that makes work so excessive or harmful to the body, but the reward is really invaluable, because life in a clean and healthy body is experienced in a really deep way.
Then we share some delicious recipes where you can use the oil in a natural way to prepare healthy meals.
Cold cream of avocado and nut
- 2 large avocados
- 10 peeled nuts
- A small bunch of watercress
- Juice of one lemon to taste
- A sprig of parsley or cilantro, cleaned, disinfected and chopped as fine as possible.
- A clove of garlic (optional)
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 teaspoons of soy milk
- sea salt to taste
- A liter of water
- Blend all ingredients except the parsley or cilantro. If the mixture is a little lighter, add a tablespoon or two of milk.
- Once it has good consistency, serve on plates and decorate with a little chopped parsley. This cream is served cold.
Aromatic rice and seaweed with sesame
- 2 cups of brown rice (soaking in water overnight before)
- One tablespoon of sesame
- One leaf of seaweed (for sushi), cut into small pieces
- 6 and a half cups of water
- 1 teaspoon of minced fresh marjoram
- half chopped onion
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Juice of one lemon
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil
- A pinch of sea salt
- Boil water in a saucepan and add salt. When boiling, add the lemon and rice to the fire and low heat. Fry the garlic in a pan, the onion, a little salt, marjoram, stirring constantly.
- Once the rice has softened a bit, add the sesame seeds, chopped seaweed and sauce before the casserole.
- Let cook about 4 minutes then turn off heat. Let stand covered for ten minutes. You can serve this delicious rice salad with alfalfa sprouts or spinach.
Walnut or almond biscuits
- 200 grams of whole wheat flour
- 100 grams of honey
- One teaspoon of pollen
- 4 tablespoons of olive or corn oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 130 grams of chopped walnuts or chopped almonds
- 40 grams of ground oats
- Mix all ingredients, except the pollen, in a heat slowly to avoid making lumps. Mix until a uniform mass and well-integrated. Grease a cookie tray.
- With a spoon take a little of this mixture and empty in a pan with three inches of space between each one. Decorate with a few grains of pollen to the center or with a piece of walnut or almond. Bake (preheated oven at 180 ° C) for about 10 minutes or until golden brown you see a little bit.
The best of Healthy Food
Products related with Recipes and properties of Oilseeds
You have not found what you were looking for?