Published: 03/26/2010 - Updated: 09/15/2018
Author: K. Laura Garcés G3 Comments
Phosphorus is a mineral found in all cells and body fluids, aids in cell division, their presence is essential for the formation and maintenance of bones, muscle tissue, development of teeth and normal secretion of breast milk. Phosphorus-rich foods are: egg, honey, seaweed, soy lecithin, milk, dried fruits, whole grains and legumes. Lemon and alfalfa contain phosphorus in good percentage.
The phosphorus-calcium balance in the body is very important, since the excess of one affects the ability to absorb the other. The lack of phosphorus in the diet causes weakness, tremors, dysarthria, low morale and, in some cases, anorexia and respiratory disorders. The daily requirement of phosphorus ranges from 800 to 1200 mg, especially under 25.
Here are some phosphorus-rich recipes
Oishi, seaweed soup
- One liter of vegetable stock
- Three tablespoons of semolina
- A round onion and / or two or three green onions
- Two cloves of garlic
- Oil for frying
- Sea salt
- Paprika or red pepper
- A quarter cup of wakame seaweed, dried and ground
- Soak the wakame seaweed for a quarter of an hour.
- Prepare light vegetable broth. Bring to boil and sprinkle the semolina. Cook a few minutes, stirring.
- Fry the finely chopped onion in oil until translucent and lightly browned. Add some paprika or red pepper sauce. Fry the minced garlic in oil until brown.
- Add to each portion of soup: half round tablespoon of onion or chopped green onion and fried in oil with salt, half teaspoon of minced garlic and a spoonful of fried wakame soaked and chopped coarse.
- This soup is served to accompany other foods such as hot drink, Japanese style. But if you want to use as a separate dish or light meal, you should accompany it with homemade bread or a serving of rice and / or a piece of cheese, for example.
- Peppers (green and / or red)
- Olive Oil
- You can combine two or three different types of vegetables.
- Arrange steamed and drained vegetables in a bowl.
- Cut the peppers, onions and tomatoes into small squares (the size of a fingernail).
- Mix everything together, season with salt, oil, lemon and vinegar.
Brown Rice Soup
- 100g. of brown rice
- 100g. of peas
- 2 carrots
- 2 onions
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 4 artichoke buds
- 1 turnip
- 3 ripe tomatoes
- 50g. of butter
- 50g. of grated cheese
- sea salt
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALWhat is Organic Agriculture?
- Scrap and cut carrots, the turnips, onions, garlic and artichokes, chopped, are sautéed in a little oil and some salt, and add color to take the peel.
- Soak it all with a couple of liters of hot water and boil until cooked well, then pass by the puree maker, and pour this into a pot. Peel peas and boil incorporating with its stock.
- In a container boil some rice, pass through water and drain, sauté in a skillet with butter and salt, dry running loose. In the bowl pour the broth with peas, rice is incorporated, sprinkle with grated cheese and serve.
- Two or three fresh cucumbers
- Two or three tablespoons of soy sauce
- Four tablespoons of rice vinegar (or apple)
- Two teaspoons of sugar
- A quarter cup of wakame
- Sesame seeds
- Soak wakame for quarter of an hour and chop finely.
- Stir over fire soy sauce, vinegar and sugar. Then cool in the refrigerator.
- Cut the peeled cucumber, sliced not too thin. Mix with the wakame. Season with the cold sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of peeled and chopped peanuts
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 cup of flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp of butter
- 2 eggs
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALSyrup sap
- Mix the butter with brown sugar. Add eggs, salt and baking powder. Mix ingredients thoroughly and gradually add the peanuts.
- Knead and spread on floured board to knead, leaving the thin crust. Cut the biscuits and put them in the can or greased baking tray.
- Preheat the oven to regulate temperature and cook for 10 to 13 min.
About the author
Yummy! The last recipe is perfect for me! I love peanuts and cookies and it looks easy and quick, I hope to find the ingredient right now and try one of those delicious cookies, and the other recipes look nice too, it?s good to find ingredients rich in phosphorus for the mind
What are the benefits of phosporus and what can cause its lack or excess?
I just read another email that was talking about hte benefits of phosphorus and all the things that could go wrong if the body’s balance is left…imbalanced! I had no idea that phosphorus and calcium were so dependent on each other. These look like great reicpes, and I’m sure they benefit more than just phosphorus.