There are many foods you can include in your diet to keep your brain in the best condition and prevent such important functions as memory being weak. Studies indicate that unsaturated fatty acids can help considerably to activate enzymes that work with nerve cells involved in memory. On the other hand, including excessively injurious or saturated fats in the diet can lead to conditions such as Alzheimer's disease (gradual loss of memory).
The best practice is to include fresh vegetables and whole grains, vegetable oils (rich in beneficial fats or polyunsaturated), foods rich in choline (a nutrient that helps make acetylcholine, a chemical produced by the brain involved in memory) that is found in soy, fish, nuts and spinach.
Here are some recipes to avoid bad memory and help recover the memory functions.
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1 cup of butter, melted
- 2 cups of icing sugar combined with brown sugar
- 2 ½ cups offlour
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla
- 1 / 4 salt
- First, grind the nuts to make them thinner. Blend the butter with 1 / 2 cup of sugar and beat (medium speed) until you get a spongy dough.
- Now add 1 cup of flour, vanilla, and salt, turn to beat on low speed until everything is blended. Add remaining flour and ground nuts, and churning out a little more complete.
- Form the dough into a ball, we put it in a plastic bag and get into the refrigerator for 1 hour until firm.
- Heat oven to 180 C degrees. While we make the dough balls of 2.5 cm, we put in an ungreased baking sheet with a separation between them of 3 cm. Bake about 12 to 15 minutes until they are light golden color.
- After the cooking time, let stand 5 minutes and pour the icing sugar, and wait until cool completely.
Salmon in lemon sauce
- Two parts of salmon
- Juice of one lemon to taste
- ½ teaspoon of cornstarch
- ¼ cup of white wine
- Chopped parsley, to taste
- Heat a frying pan and spray it with cooking spray.
- Add salt and pepper to fish fillets.
- Put into the pan, browning on one side and turn.
- Stir in white wine, let evaporate and add the lemon juice.
- Let the lemon taking temperature and add the starch previously diluted in a few tablespoons of cold water.
- Continue cooking on low heat while stirring constantly for about 3 or 4 minutes.
- Remove and serve sprinkled with chopped parsley.
- 350 grams of spinach
- 1 onion
- 2 eggs
- 1 / 2 cup of self-rising flour
- 150 g of grated Parmesan cheese
- Wash and clean spinach.
- Cut into very thin julienne strips and place in a high-sided bowl.
- Peel the onion and cut into thin slices, add it to the spinach.
- Add eggs, previously sifted flour (helps to prevent lumps) and cheese, preferably grated finite commodity.
- Mix well until all ingredients are well mixed.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet with a little olive oil, put a portion of the preparation, the size of a soup spoon flush.
- Form croquettes and cook both sides until browned. Remove and place on a plate with paper towels.
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 3 cups or two cans of tomatoes, chopped and with all their juice
- Sea salt
- 200 g of tuna in oil, drained and flaked
- 2 tablespoons of fresh basil, chopped
- minced parsley, 2 tablespoons
- dried or fresh oregano, ½ tsp
- Pepper to taste
- ½ kilo of spaghetti or noodles
- Peel the onion and chop finely. Reserve. Peel the garlic cloves, split them in half, discard the internal outbreak (green or white) and, on a board, chop finely.
- Pour the oil in a pan and take it to fire. Fry in oil the onion and garlic until translucent but not brown.
- Pour the glass of dry white wine into the pan now, mix well with a wooden spoon and let it cook over low heat for 3 minutes to evaporate the alcohol. Open the cans of tomatoes and chop the contents. Add chopped tomatoes to the pan along with all their juice.
- Season the sauce with salt to taste and let simmer about 15 minutes for the preparation is reduced and becomes a thick sauce. Open the can of tuna to the sauce and add the well drained and flaked tuna. Now let it cook about 5 minutes, again on low heat.
- Stir into the sauce 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, basil and oregano, fresh or dry is comfortable. Taste and correct the seasoning with salt and add a few turns of pepper grinder. Once seasoned, remove the pan and set aside. Boil water in a heavy saucepan.
- When the water boils, add 1 1 / 2 tablespoons of coarse salt and soak spaghetti noodles in it. Let cook until al dente (or to taste …). Drain and place in the pan where is the sauce. Mix well to impregnate them with the preparation and serve grated cheese separate offering.
Sunflower and sesame dressing
- 3 / 4 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1 / 4 cup of sesame seeds
- 1 / 4 cup of oil
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- Fresh basil leaves
- a sprig of rosemary
- Put the seeds of sunflower and sesame to hydrate in water. Leave overnight and drain.
- Put them in the blender with the oil, lemon juice, pepper, salt, ginger and basil leaves and rosemary.
- Blend everything and accommodate in a sauce boat. Delicious.
About the author