Published: 02/21/2010 - Updated: 01/16/2014
The tendency to suffer from stress, anxiety, nervousness, depression, etc., may indicate a weak nervous system or malnourished. Most foods have nutrients that are important for healthy nervous system, however, noteworthy that there are some properties that are true brain tonic. These foods are nuts, hazelnuts, raisins, fresh vegetables, soy, whole grains, apples, seaweed, tea, oats, barley, horsetail, and foods rich in phosphate and phosphorus in fish and shellfish, whole corn flour, cheese, etc.
Here are some recipes suitable for strengthening the nervous system, especially suited to those who tend to have depressing emotions, anxious, stressful, and so on. As well as for those who have hyperactivity, poor insight, heaviness, headache, dizziness, despondency, problems of attention or memory. It is necessary to emphasize that a diet high in refined sugars irritates and weakens the brain functions. The best practice is to replace refined sugar by the moderate use of honey or brown sugar.
Herbal drink for the brain
Boil in two liters of water and simmer for 20 minutes.
Leave to rest 5 minutes, strain and drink up to 3 cups per day.
- 1 cup of yogurt, preferably homemade
- 5 almonds
- 5 nuts
- 2 tablespoons of raisins
- 2 tablespoons of wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons of wheat bran
- 2 tablespoons of honey
Blend everything and take it without strain.
Fish and seaweed cake
- 1 large fish
- 16 prawns
- 20 gr. of hijiki seaweed
- 4 eggs
- ¼ l. of double cream
- ¼ l. of Tomato Sauce
- 4 tablespoons of dry Buttermilk with a little mayonnaise
- 4 leaves of lettuce
For the mold
- Put the seaweed to soak in a bowl with water.
- Clean the fish, removing the head and bones, remove the backs and put them to cook for 5 minutes in a pot with water, a pinch of salt and a sprig of parsley.
- In a large bowl, place eggs, add salt and pepper, whisk well, add tomato sauce and cream. Flake the fish. Finally add the seaweed and 8 tails of prawns, sliced. Mix gently and pass around an elongated mold, previously buttered and dusted with bread crumbs. Put in the oven to 180 º water bath for 40 minutes. When cool mold, remove and cut into slices.
- Peel the other 8 prawns without removing the tail. Cut them in half and cook briefly over a pan of boiling water.
- To serve, place in the center of the source slices of fish cake in the corners put the lettuce leaves, and each of them, a little mayonnaise and a shrimp. The other 4 prawns place them among the lettuce leaves. Garnish with a sprig of parsley. The hijiki is one of the most mineral-rich algae. Its flavor is very strong. We recommend that you soak in water for 15 minutes.
- 250g of black chocolate
- 150ml of cream
- 3 tablespoons of cream residue
- 150g of chopped walnuts
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave.
- Mix with the cream until a smooth cream.
- Add the three tablespoons of cream and hazelnuts residue chopped (reserving a little for the batter).
- Mix well and let cool in refrigerator.
- Once it hardens, form batter into balls and chopped hazelnuts that we have reserved.
Apple and walnut salad
- 4 fresh peaches, cut into four
- 2 fresh red apples
- 2 fresh green apples
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1 cup of whole nuts for garnish
- ½ pint of sour cream, plain yogurt (home preferably) or liquid Buttermilk
- Honey to taste
- Arrange the peaches on a plate. Place in the center mixed green apples, red and nuts.
- Mix the cream with sugar or honey and cover the fruit.
- Decorate putting the whole nuts.
Wheat Soup, Italian Style
- 250 grams of wheat
- 12 nuts
- An onion
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper
- Soften water wheat, need a few hours.
- Then toss in a pan with 1.5 liters of water, chopped onion and garlic. Add salt and pepper, cover pot and simmer for two hours over low heat.
- After two hours, add the chopped walnuts and simmer for fifteen minutes. Serve with extra virgin olive oil.