Published: 05/23/2010 - Updated: 07/09/2017
Author: K. Laura Garcés G4 Comments
Liver cirrhosis is a condition in which the liver begins to weaken, deteriorate and malfunction. A healthy liver can regenerate its own cells when damaged, but in the case of cirrhosis, in addition to that partially blocks blood flow, restricts the ability to eliminate toxins and bacteria, process nutrients, hormones and medications to make proteins regulating blood clotting, in the terminal stage, the liver is unable to effectively replace damaged cells, and then you need a healthy liver to survive.
However, cirrhosis, and every disease can bring new knowledge and opportunities. One of them could be considering our food health as an important source. What we eat is a fundamental part of the body to function harmoniously, so here are some key food and delicious recipes to help you prevent and eradicate cirrhosis.
Favorable food: fresh vegetables and salad in juice (especially the turnip, carrot and beet, the latter use it in moderation, especially if you are not used to), seaweed, whole grains, seeds and nuts, vegetable milk, kefir or homemade yogurt, probiotic foods and fresh fruits, seasonal well combined and the black seeds of papaya.
Food non-recommended: alcohol, coffee, drugs, sugars and refined flours, grains and refined or hydrogenated oils, canned foods, vinegar, ketchup, mustard, chili pepper and spicy products, dairy products of animal origin (cheese, milk etc), sausages, excess animal meat, fried food, junk food with added dyes, additives, preservative, soft drinks and canned juices added.
Juice for cirrhosis treatment
- Half liter of fresh carrot juice
- One cup of spinach (or one medium cucumber seeds or shelled)
- A bit of beet
- 1 or 2 tablespoons of papaya seeds
- Blend the ingredients and drink without strain.
- If this is the first time you take this juice, reduce the amounts in half and drink very slowly, chewing each mouthful if necessary.
Reconstructive tonic for live
- 2 tablespoons of papaya seeds
- A glass of pure water
- 3 teaspoons of lime juice or aloe
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALWhat is Organic Agriculture?
Blend all and drink unsweetened. 2 glasses per day for a month.
Reconstructive miso soup (miso helps detoxify and fight off infections)
- 3 cups of diced squash
- 1 long or round turnip
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 small piece of seaweed Wakame
- sea salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon of miso per serving
- 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger juice per serving
- scallions or parsley, finely chopped
- Cut all vegetables into chunks. Add water to cover, cook and let soften but not too much, trying to avoid killing nutrients. If water is gone, add a little more to it to form a broth. Sea salt is added and given another boil.
- At the time of serve, add to each dish some ginger juice and then, once served the green onion or parsley, the teaspoon of miso previously dissolved in a little broth.
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALHenna Tattoo
- 2 cups of oats (Soaked for 2 hours in one cup of water)
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons of parsley
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 50 grams of chopped olives
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of grated cheese
- 3 tablespoons of corn oil
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put oil in a saucepan with a tablespoon of water.
- Warm up and add the onion and pepper.
- Sauté until slightly softened but not cook much.
- Remove from heat and add the parsley, olives, cheese and seasonings.
- Incorporate oats and egg, mix well and go on to form croquettes.
- Transfer to flour then in egg beaten with three tablespoons of water and finally to breadcrumbs.
- Spread little extra virgin olive oil and bring a plate to a moderate oven until hot.
- Remove the plate and arrange the croquettes.
- Return them to the oven and let cook, turning every so often to brown.
- Serve hot with fresh salad.
Beet and carrot salad
- 1/2kg of medium carrots
- 1/2kg of beet
- Jicama to taste
- Sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- Sea salt to taste
- Wash the carrots, jicama and beets. Superficially, scrape carrots and peel the beets.
- Grate in grater or with the processor. Place the grated beets in a bowl and fits well. Allow some time in the refrigerator and then remove the mold in the center of a salad being well with the form. Fit around the grated carrot.
- Dressing: In a bowl put the olive oil, minced garlic, paprika and salt to taste. Mix everything together and place in refrigerator until serving time. After applying dressing to salad, sprinkle with sesame seeds.
About the author
Ingrid De Lucia
Ich habe eine vernarbte Leber und das Weisse meiner Augen sind leicht
gelb. Ich habe 2 Wochen im Krankenhaus verbracht. Zu viel Wein ueber Jahre hinaus konsummiert.
Da ich auch Wasser im Bauch habe,soll ich kein Salz konsumieren.
Ihre Rezepte sind gut.
Ingrid De Lucia
My father died from cirrhosis and, well, it was all because of him and his stupid vice to alcohol, when we found out, there was nothing we could do, even though we tried really hard, since then, I have tried to avoid alcohol in almost every occasion and it?s because it is really harmful for you! I know this guide can really help someone with this problem but it?s too late for my family? so make yourself conscious
Last year, My mom was diagnosed with liver cirrhosis. She has been diabetic for five years. She never had vices of any sort (never smoked, hated alcohol). I dont know but i put the blame to the medicine prescribed to control her blood pressure ( lipitor). Anyway, her new doctor prescribed aminoleban oral. She takes one sachet every other day. I think it helps in her recovery but it tastes bad…like rusty metal. Im glad to find recipes that could help her i hope she like them.
My father, too, was diagnosed with liver cirrhosis, and at first it was one of the scariest diagnosis’ we could have ever recieved. He did undergo serious Western medical treatment and therapy (and is still to this day), but we have made some serious changes in his diet, and he’s even started walking a few miles every day. The changes have been incredible.