Hypertension requires a special diet, avoiding mainly sodium intake or salt, given that the canned or preserved contain a large amount of salt. On the other hand, consuming potassium is very beneficial as this mineral helps to counteract the negative effects of high blood pressure. Bananas, raw vegetables, yeast, cocoa, grains, etc. should be included as food rich in calcium and magnesium like almonds, vegetables, vegetable milk, etc.
If you need to watch your hypertensive weight, it is recommended to eliminate or minimize foods containing white sugar and derivatives, as well as animal fats (especially meats and dairy).
Here are some recipes that contribute to the welfare of people with hypertension.
Mushroom and soybean soup
- 1 onion
- 1 liter of broth of soy
- 300grs of mushroom
- 3 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon of sunflower oil
- Garlic oil to taste
- Sauté chopped onion and some garlic in a pan with oil.
- Add soy broth with mushrooms and cook for 20 minutes.
- Thicken the soup with the cornstarch previously dissolved in cold water.
Pasta in tomato sauce
- 150 gr. of Boiled Macaroni
- 10 gr. of olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 10 gr. of chopped parsley
- 30 gr. of fresh basil
- 50 gr. of onion
- Laurel to taste
- Boil the macaroni with the onion and bay leaves.
- Simultaneously, heat the oil in a nonstick skillet.
- Add in this order and fry trying to retain their color condiments: chopped garlic, chopped parsley, basil.
- Mix this preparation quickly drained and fresh pasta al dente.
Noodles with Laurel Sauce
- 150 gr. of noodles
- 200 gr. of red tomatoes
- 50 gr. of chopped onion
- 10 gr. of oil
- 4 bay leaves
- 3 grams. of ground cinnamon
- 3 grams. of pepper
- In a nonstick skillet, put the chopped tomatoes, onions and three bay leaves. After 5 minutes add the cinnamon and pepper and let it finish cooking over low heat for 5 minutes. Finally, add the tablespoon of oil.
- Boil the macaroni with a bay leaf and drain when ready and mix with hot sauce.
- Remove bay leaves before proceeding to the sauce mixture and macaroni.
Beans with mint
- 150 gr. of broad beans
- 8 gr. of butter
- 10 gr. of cream
- 10 gr. of chopped mint
- 1 clove of garlic into chunks
- White pepper
- Remember not to use salt, flavor with herbs or pepper
- Cook the beans with onions and herbs until they are tender.
- Simultaneously, melt the butter in a nonstick pan, add garlic and mint browning and trying to retain their color. Mix with the habitats.
- Besides, flavor the cream with white pepper and add to the previous preparation quickly and evenly.
Chayote with vinaigrette and tofu
- 200 gr. of steamed chayote
- 10 gr. of extra virgin olive oil
- 30 gr. of chopped parsley
- Pepper, a pinch
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- A bar of tofu
- Vinegar to taste
- 1 slice of lemon
- Put steamed chayote (soft) in a saucepan. Add a few drops of lemon and pinch of pepper.
- Add in another separate container, oil, vinegar, chopped parsley, minced garlic, and tofu chunks.
- Beat well and bathe in the sauce.
- Serve warm or cold.
Green beans with garlic
- 200gr. of green beans
- 15 gr. of chopped parsley
- 15 gr. of unsalted butter
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Boil and drain the beans. In a nonstick skillet, melt the butter and mix with beans.
- Add the parsley and garlic together.
Cream of spinach
- 50 gr. of boiled spinach
- 30 gr. of chopped onion
- 10 gr. of butter
- 10 gr. of flour
- 1 slice of bread without salt
- 250 g of vegetable broth
- Pepper to taste
- Nutmeg to taste
- Parsley to taste
- Blend boiled spinach with half the broth. Melt butter, add the chopped onion and when transparent, add flour by mixing.
- Gradually add half of hot broth stirring to achieve cream sauce that's ready to point light sauce. Add spinach and continue stirring whipped, leaving thicken again.
- Apart, brown sliced bread in toaster and cut into 1cm cubes. Serve the soup with the tripping of bread and some chopped parsley on top.
- Add seasonings.
About the author