Published: 06/12/2010 - Updated: 11/15/2018
Acne is a skin condition that may have several causes like hormonal (androgen production), increased sebum production (a result of hormonal stimulation), plug formation (due to changes in the follicle that cause old cells accumulating at the exit of the follicle causing entrapment of fat) and a bacteria (basically propionilbacterium acnes, which usually stay in the skin, invading the trapped sebum, reproducing and causing inflammation.)
There are many ways to treat acne, and one of them is through food, which plays an important role in the quality of the skin. If you have a quality balanced diet, acne can actually heal a lot, and combined with other natural treatments, acne may disappear.
- Those rich in Vitamin A: carrots, seaweed, fruits, orange, etc.
- Those rich in vitamin C: citrus fruits, broccoli, cabbage, seaweed, etc.
- Vegetable milks: almond, rice, soybeans, etc.
- Aloe juice
- Onion, tomato and garlic, raw, in salads.
- Cucumber, avocado, goji berries, blueberries, grapes, papaya.
- Molasses or honey (to replace white sugar)
- Pollen and honey products
- Cold pressed vegetable oils. The flaxseed is excellent because it contains Omega-3 fatty acids that are essential for cell regeneration.
- Whole grains (in place of refined grains).
Foods not recommended
- Refined sugar and white flour.
- Milk and cheese from animal origin.
- Animal meats, fried, processed, and pickles.
- Lack of animal flesh.
These recipes to include in your menu will help to strengthen the defenses and reduce acne outbreaks.
Onion and Celery Salad
- 2 onions
- White Celery
- Water and salt
For the dressing:
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of two lemons
- Cut the onion in crescents and celery in long thin strips.
- Put the water and salt to a boil and add the onion for 1 minute or less.
- Allow the onion cool and put celery.
- Mix oil, salt, lemon and oregano creamy.
- Tip: Celery flavor is very intense so you better get ready because a small amount but can be tiring a bit. It is ideal as a companion rather than a whole plate.
- 3 large tomatoes
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 2 stalks of celery
- 2 lemons
- Salt to taste
- Grind the tomatoes, parsley and a stalk of celery in the blender.
- Strain through if they are hulls and is served in a large glass and add salt and lemon to taste and garnish with an immersed stalk of celery.
Anti-acne green salad
- 1 / 2 Lettuce
- 1 / 2 cup of afalfa sprouts or broccoli
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Wash and disinfect vegetables thoroughly, then cut lettuce and put in a large dish. Remove the peel of the cucumber and cut it into slices. Now add the chopped parsley, and alfalfa sprouts or broccoli.
- Finally, stir all ingredients very well, and season with lemon juice and olive oil.
Mushroom and algae soup
- 4 shiitake mushrooms (can be mushrooms)
- 100 grams of tofu
- Half a handful of dried seaweed hijiki type Arame
- 1 leek
- 2 handful of corn or rice noodles (can be from wheat)
- 1 dash of soy sauce
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube (optional)
- 30 grams of virgin olive oil
- 1 liter of filtered water
- Place the algae to soak for 5 minutes, do not throw the soaking water. Cut the leeks and shitake mushrooms into thin strips and dice tofu in small parts as a centimeter side.
- Sauté in the bottom of a small pot or pan with olive oil three minutes, add the drained seaweed and cook two more minutes, add water, soaking the algae, and bouillon cube.
- Begin to boil the noodles, cook 4 minutes or as directed. Side, add soy sauce and adjust the salt. Serve.
- Clean the leek and chop into the Thermomix 4 seconds, speed 5. Add the mushrooms cut into strips and diced tofu, oil, and sauté for 3 minutes at temperature varoma, reverse rotation and speed spoon. Add the drained seaweed and cook 2 minutes, put the water, soaking the algae, the bouillon cube and schedule 7 minutes on a speed 100, reverse rotation.
- When calling the Thermomix, add the noodles without uncovering the mouth of the cup. Program 4 minutes (depending on package directions), temperature 100, speed spoon.
- We revealed check point of salt, add the soy sauce. Serve.
Balls of wheat germ
- 1 cup of wheat germ
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- 1 cup of milk (250cc)
- Cream cheese 1 cup shredded (100 grams)
- 1 onion, peeled, chopped and sautéed
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 cups of tomato sauce (500cc.)
- Place in a bowl milk, bread crumbs, grated cheese, wheat germ, sautéed onions, parsley, eggs, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Mix well until all ingredients are integrated. Join desired size meatballs.
- Besides, putt tomato in a sauce pan, arranging balls and cook over low heat for 30 minutes. Remove and serve hot.
- Burris, J., Rietkerk, W., & Woolf, K. (2013). Acne: the role of medical nutrition therapy. Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 113(3), 416–430.
- Norstedt, S., & Lindberg, M. (2016). Dietary Regimes for Treatment of Acne Vulgaris: A Critical Review of Published Clinical Trials. Acta Dermato-Venereologica, 96(2), 283–284.
- Zaenglein, A. L., Pathy, A. L., Schlosser, B. J., Alikhan, A., Baldwin, H. E., Berson, D. S., … Bhushan, R. (2016). Guidelines of care for the management of acne vulgaris. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, 74(5), 945–73.e33.
- Fiedler, F., Stangl, G. I., Fiedler, E., & Taube, K.-M. (2017). Acne and Nutrition: A Systematic Review. Acta Dermato-Venereologica, 97(1), 7–9.
- Shokeen, D. (2016). Influence of diet in acne vulgaris and atopic dermatitis. Cutis, 98(3), E28–E29.
The best of Food Therapy
Products related with Recipes and food for acne
Related categories of the Shop
You have not found what you were looking for?