Published: 08/11/2010 - Updated: 08/13/2019
Author: Dra. Loredana Lunadei2 Comments
Middle Eastern cuisine is full of very unique flavors and fragrances which, in addition to crave the taste, can be a tasty way to lose weight, because the style of this type of food has mostly very beneficial ingredients in diets for lose weight or for people who want to maintain a slim figure, even though they remain well-nourished or enjoy the delights of food.
Lentils, pita bread, cilantro, olive oil garlic, herbs, legumes, vegetables, grains and seeds are essential ingredients of this diet, foods rich in vitamins, minerals and natural sugars essential to be well nourished and maintain ideal weight. If you want to lose weight in a delightful way, include these recipes in your cookbook and eliminate from your diet for twenty days, all foods that harm your body. We have adapted some of their traditional recipes to a vegetarian way.
- 3 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic in sheets
- 1 cup of finely chopped onion
- 3 cups of soy meat
- Pepper to taste
- 2 cups of diced tomato and poached
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped fine
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 3 cups of red wine
- 5 tbsp. of minced parsley
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 4 cups of tomato puree
- 3 tbsp. of chopped basil
- 500 gr. of previously cooked spaghetti
- 2 cups of grated tofu cheese
- Basil leaves for garnish
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet and fry garlic, onion, carrot and celery over medium heat until soft.
- Prepare the meat: Soak soy for 2 hours in advance with the juice of 4 lemons. Once hydrated, squeeze and add pepper, thyme, diced tomatoes, tomato puree, wine, parsley, basil and pepper. Simmer a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in abundant salted water until al dente.
- When pasta is ready, add the soy meat and sprinkle a bit of tofu. Décor with basil leaves.
- 1 kg. of spinach
- 6 Tbsp. of finely chopped onion
- 1 kg. of flour
- 1 tbsp. of chopped parsley
- 100 gr. of raisins
- 1 tsp. of ground pepper
- 1 tbsp. of baking powder
- Clean the spinach and keep only the leaves.
- Chop fine and add three tablespoons of salt.
- Rub in your hands. Add 1 tablespoon of salt to the onion and rub in your hands too. Wash spinach and onion, trying to squeeze and drain all water. Add the walnuts and raisins. Add salt-pepper. Place in a container with oil, red pepper and parsley.
- To make the dough: Sift flour with baking powder. Knead with water and salt to form a dough. Stretch until a thin sheet. Cut in circles and place a portion of filling in the center of each. Fold and lightly dampen the edges for joining.
- Place the empanadas on an oiled baking dish and floured previously. Brown in hot oven for 10 minutes, then lower the temperature a bit to finish cooking.
- 1 kg of fish
- Pepper and ground cumin
- 3 large cloves of garlic
- Oil for frying
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALPhytomedicine: Past and Present
- Wash the fish in flour and salt and plenty of water.
- Crush the garlic with the cumin, salt and pepper.
- Squeeze the lemon and add juice to the mixture of garlic and cumin.
- Fill the hollow of fish or smear it with the mixture, leaving 1 / 2 hour.
- Coat fish in flour and fry in hot oil.
- Remove and put on a paper to absorb excess fat.
- Serve on a platter and garnish with lemon slices and parsley.
- 1 and 1/2 cups of rice
- 1 / 2 cup of angel hair pasta
- 1 / 2 cup of golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons of light butter
- 1 teaspoon of curry
- Garlic Powder
- In a pan fry the rice with butter and a touch of garlic powder.
- Add the angel hair pasta until a blond tone.
- Add the curry and then to plot boiling water for rice (3 cups of water), stir.
- Once boiling, cover pot and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 2 red onions
- 1 green bell
- 100 gr. of black olives
- 1 tbsp. of mustard
- Juice of half lemon
- Olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp. of brown sugar
- Salt and pepper
- Green leaves
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALBurn fat
- Peel onions and cut into rings or thin.
- Peel oranges and cut into strips.
- Wash the peppers, remove seeds and inner white filaments, and cut into fine strips.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and add the pitted olives.
- Prepare a vinaigrette by mixing the mustard, olive oil, lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Whisk to emulsify and season salad with it.
- Prepare a source of service with green leaves and pour the salad in the center.
- A cup of plain yogurt (Greek yogurt)
- Lemon juice
- A generous spray of olive oil
- One or two cloves of garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Cucumber, mint leaves and sesame seeds (optional)
- It is very easy to prepare. Start by crushing the garlic in a mortar (or very thinly sting).
- Place the yogurt in a bowl, add the lemon juice, garlic and olive oil. Mix well and add salt and pepper.
In many parts, people add finely chopped cucumber to the sauce of yogurt, also mint leaves or mint, and toasted sesame seeds.
About the author
Delicious, I just love oriental food, the smell, the taste, the texture , everything is different and well-made, they really have a good quality of food and actually they don?t have a high rate of overweight like U.S so that?s why we should follow this pattern and try new food, which is healthy for the body and the mind, thanks a lot for the recipes! I just love them!
I LOVE middle eastern cuisine, but I grew up in Midwestern United States (Nebraska) and of course, all we had in town was one restaurant that revolutionized the way we saw foreign cuisine. It was amazing the first time we went. Since then I have loved it, and have tried, unsuccessfully, to create middle eastern dishes.