Published: 06/16/2011 - Updated: 08/13/2019
Blood pressure is the force of blood passing through the arteries, and hypotension is when the pressure decreases, the force of blood is minimal, because the arterial wall is dilated and the amount of blood and body fluids (blood volume) is not enough.
- Constant tiredness
- Excessive sweating
Diet and nutrition
Diet is one of the key factors and the most effective medicine to treat hypotension.
You should follow these food recommendations:
- High consumption of vitamin C, since the low level of this vitamin causes hypotension.
- Increase dietary calories, so it is recommended to consume sweet fruits, cereals, peanuts, walnuts, amaranth, energy bars, cereal, bread, etc.
- Eat seaweed and spirulina, for its rich supply of minerals and salts.
- Other recommended foods: coffee, tea and salty foods to maintain regulated voltage levels.
- Take licorice tea twice a day, this herb is truly an effective remedy to fight and cure hypotension.
Foods to avoid:
Those which don’t nourish and fill the body of toxins and unnecessary fats like processed, fried, sugar and refined flours.
Here are some recipes for healing:
Juice to fight Hypotension
- A piece of beetroot (beet)
- A glass of fresh carrot juice (fresh)
- One tablespoon of molasses rice
- One teaspoon of Spirulina
- Blend all and serve. Drink slowly to accompany your meal or evening, avoid white sugar-sweetened beverages such as juices and sodas.
- 200 g of skinless roasted peanuts
- 2 teaspoons of molasses rice
- 2 teaspoons of butter
- Place all ingredients in blender and beat until it forms a smooth and creamy paste. You can keep it in a clean container and sealed in the refrigerator for 5 days. Spread on bread.
Salmon with Capers
- 75 grams of grain macaroni
- 3 or 4 garlic cloves
- Half onion
- 75 grams of fresh salmon
- Olive oil extra-virgin
- Salt to taste
- First crush the capers in a mortar and add salmon chopped and marinated in lemon and soy sauce. If you do not like oil, you can cook a little bit.
- Cook the macaroni in boiling water with some salt and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Meanwhile in a saucepan, sauté the onion and garlic and when golden brown take capers and salmon you have in the mortar.
- Once macaroni is drained, add to the dish and stir well.
- Serve with fresh sprouts salad.
Brown Rice with Vegetables
- 300 g of brown rice
- 1 liter of water or vegetable broth
- 100 g of green beans
- 2 carrots
- 50 g of spinach
- 1 tomato
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Chop the green beans, carrots, tomatoes and garlic and sauté everything in a pan with oil. Add the rice and sauté.
- Add broth and salt and cook for about an hour.
- Meanwhile, chop the spinach and add to rice. Cook for five minutes, put salt to taste and serve.
- 5 ¾ cups of toasted amaranth (200 g)
- 460 g of semisweet chocolate stick
- A large bath pan
- Pewter bowl or casserole dish with a capacity of 3 L
- Spoon or wooden paddle
- Plastic tray, stainless steel or individual plastic molds individual
- Large Knife
- Pack of cellophane or plastic container with lid and capacity of three liters.
- Put the chocolate in the pan or bowl until melted in a double boiler.
- Once melted, add the toasted amaranth and mix to incorporate well using a spoon or wooden paddle.
- When the ingredients are incorporated, pour into pan and spread evenly, pressing on it until a thickness of about 1.5 cm. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Then cut into individual bars with the help of the knife and let dry for 30 minutes after this time, turn them to dry evenly for about a day in a ventilated, dry and clean part.
Packaging and storage: Package amaranth bars in the plastic container or in individual cellophane bags, sealed to keep in a cool, dry and dark place. Attach a label with the product name, date of manufacture and expiry.