Leukemia is a disease that is caused by an overproduction of white blood cells (leukocytes), which are the cells that make blood and tissue involved in defending the body against foreign substances or infectious agents (antigens).
For this condition, we recommend a proper diet, which is one of the cornerstones to treat and even cure this condition.
The food routine must have high quality and it should remove toxic and harmful foods such as white flour or refined white sugar and derivatives, as well as sausages, fried, pickles, vinegar, processed, red meat, etc. The diet should include plenty of fresh vegetables, fruits and seeds.
For adults, it is advisable to do a pre-cleansing diet, eating for three consecutive days a single fruit like grapes, papaya, or oranges and two liters of pure water. Then, start with the proposed diet, including food gradually to the diet.
Recommended foods and supplements:
Soy and its derivatives are a great option for people with leukemia. Furthermore, you should include vegetable broths, fresh and varied juices with different vegetables a day and food high in vitamin C such as oranges, lemons, onions, etc.
Foods that must in the diet are: garlic, onion, citrus, rice, berries, seeds, tomatoes, broccoli, celery, soy, tofu, sprouts, alfalfa, amaranth, lentils, vegetable milks (replacing cow's milk), herbal teas such as green tea (replacing all the sugary and processed drinks).
Here are some recipes for healing to be included in your menu. Recipes can be added to children’s diet.
Tomatoes Stuffed with Tofu
- Empty the tomatoes.
- Put the remaining ingredients in a mortar with four tablespoons of water, crush and add a little oil.
- Fill the tomatoes and put them in the oven.
- Tip: we have to leave enough little to cook the inner part. If we do not put the species, may be a little bland.
Avocado with ham and tomatoes
- 4 avocados
- 4 slices of ham
- 2 tomatoes, not too large
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of wheat germ
- This preparation is very simple. First we chop the ham with tomato.
- Then we cut the avocados in half, we fill with ham and a tomato.
Soy sprout salad
- 200 g of bean sprouts
- 1 small cabbage
- 1 carrot
- ¼ cup of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon of garlic salt
- Sunflower oil
- Blanch the sprouts in boiling water to tenderize. Drain well. Finely chop the cabbage and mix with the sprouts.
- Finely grate the carrots and add the sprouts and cabbage.
- In a bowl, place the soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic salt and oil. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well.
- 4 medium potatoes
- 4 medium carrots
- 1 stalk of broccoli
- 6 Brussels sprouts
- 1 cucumber
- Wash all vegetables and cut into pieces. Make the juice from potatoes and set aside. Make carrot juice and set aside.
- Process the remaining ingredients together.
- Combine all the juices, stir and drink slowly.
The best of Recipes & Cooking
Products related with Recipes and diet for children and people with Leukemia
You have not found what you were looking for?