The quinoa (Chenopodium quinoa Willd) is not a cereal grain or seed-though it is an annual plant belonging to the broad leaves of quenopodiaceas family, which also belong to the beets, spinach and chard. In addition to seeds, people also use the leaves cooked as fresh vegetables.
- Precooked quinoa (500 grams)
- 1 liters of olive oiland salt to taste
In a medium saucepan, boil 1 liter of water with salt and oil, when boils, add the precooked quinoa and let it cook over slow fire 5 minutes, during which time the quinoa doubles its volume. This Preparation replaces rice or pasta and can be accompanied with grilled meat, peppers, eggs, etc. It makes 8 plates. It can be stored in the refrigerator up to three days.
- 1 cup of Quinoa
- 5 Potatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 bunch of celery
- salt and seasonings to taste
- Boil the Quinoa and onion sautéed previously.
- When the quinoa is at medium cook, add the vegetables and seasonings, then ten minutes, add chopped potatoes and salt to taste.
- 2 cups of Quinoa precooked
- 1 / 8 liters of oil
- 20 peapods
- 2 onions
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 10 potatoes
- 1 tomato
- 2 carrots
- 1 kilo of meat
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 10 drops of lemon
- 1 sprigs of parsley
- 2 cloves of garlic
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALRecipes with Agar-Agar Algae
- Sauté in hot oil clean and chopped into squares: carrots, onions, tomato, minced meat and pods, garlic, cumin finely ground and the 4 branches of parsley.
- Once sautéed, put together with precooked Quinoa with 9 cups of boiling water. Add half-baked diced potatoes, spray some lemon drops and repeat, season with salt and crushed oregano and allowed to stand. Serve decorated with chopped parsley.
Quinoa Salad and Sesame
- 500 grs of quinoa
- 1 / 4 cup of lime or lemon juice
- 1 / 2 cup of clear sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons clear sesame oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 cucumber peeled, seeded and chopped fine
- 8 small onions, chopped
- 1 / 2 cup of chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons of fine toasted sesame seed to sprinkle
- In a large pot, place the quinoa and 6 cups of cold water, cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and cook until water evaporates and the quinoa is soft and slightly transparent, about 20 minutes, remove from heat and let cool.
- Pour lemon juice and fluff the quinoa with a fork, add the remaining ingredients: except the sesame seeds and mix well. Pour into a serving plate and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- 1 cup of organic quinoa
- 2 teaspoons of extra-virgin olive oil first cold pressing
- 1 / 2 cup of chopped onion
- 1 / 4 cup of diced celery
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 200 g of mushroom finely chopped
- 1 cup and half of water or vegetable broth
- black pepper
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALMenu of seven days to clean, nourish and heal body
- Wash quinoa in cold water until water comes out clear. Wring and place a hand while preparing the remaining ingredients.
- In a skillet, heat the oil. Add onion, mushrooms, celery and garlic and when slightly browned add the quinoa and stir for an end to dry, pour water or vegetable broth.
- When it starts to boil, lower the heat and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and add the herbs.
- 1 cup and half of quinoa
- 1 / 4 kilo of meat or texturized soybean
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of soy milk
- 1/2 cheese
- 2 onions
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 red pepper
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 1 sprig of chopped parsley
- 1 celery finely chopped
- mint leaves
- salt and extra virgin olive oil first cold pressing
- Wash quinoa well under cold water until water comes out clear. Put warm water in proportion of one cup of quinoa to two parts of water. When water is boiling, add the quinoa and let the fire approx. 10 minutes until water is absorbed. Once cooked, add salt, milk and two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil first cold pressing. Crush with a wooden fork. Reserve.
- Filling: In a skillet put oil to heat and add the sliced onion and meat (to be minced or very finely chopped) until the onion is well sautéed then add the herbs , garlic, olives and grated tomatoes and a cup of vegetable broth or water and salt. Let it cook until the broth evaporates. Paint a baking dish with oil and place half the quinoa then put the filling well and spread over the cheese and put a hard boiled egg cut into slices. Then add the rest of the covering layer of quinoa stuffing. Beat the other egg and paint it with the top layer of quinoa. Introducing the tray in the oven and let bake at medium temperature for 10 minutes. We expect 10 minutes to grill and a more golden time in the cut portions.
About the author