Published: 05/05/2009 - Updated: 05/31/2019
Author: K. Laura Garcés G
When there are frequent outbreaks and infections in a place, or a patient is locked in a room, it is best to maintain the atmosphere, in addition to well-ventilate, purify as possible so that bacteria do not have proliferation and avoid contamination, in addition to purifying the environment that promotes a faster healing of the patient.
So if you like natural remedies, and you love the cool, delicious aroma, or simply want to keep a nice of house without smells like snuff, grease from cooking, etc., here we give you a list of natural essences that have the property to clean the environment and serve as natural fungicides and bactericides.
Advantages of natural essences
The advantage of using essences in your home, workplace, bedroom or wherever, is that essences are very easy to apply, are a very accessible and does not pollute the environment with sprays or products that contain corrosive, non-biodegradable and harmful substances to the water, flora or fauna.
How to use the natural purifying essences?
These essences you can be applied as:
- Using a vaporizer or diffuser (you can get at self-service or natural shops). These elements are made from ceramic, containers where you can put hot water with a few drops of oil, which when heated by a candle, vaporizes water spreading the aroma and properties of the essence all over the place.
- Direct Inhalation: target the essential oil gently opening the bottle and get the scent for a few seconds only.
- Externally: Some oils can be applied directly to the skin, although it must be diluted first in any cream, ointment or oil. Each scent has its instructions.
- Hydrotherapy : add droplets (10 for adults and children 5) to the bath tub.
- Cleaning: add drops to a cloth to clean with which to wash the clothes, etc. Some essences are great when you have lung problems, cough or flu. Inhaling the aromas in a rag helps keep decongest the lungs and prevent infections older.
- Massage: Another use is to add a few drops to your massage oil.
Where to get the essences?
You can get in stores that sell natural products, shops or places where distribute natural products. The important is that they are 100% natural essences, as a scent that has not healing effect, the aroma will not be the same. There are a lot reliable brands in the market.
List of the most powerful purifying essences:
- Eucalyptus: besides having a rich aroma of wood, forest and freshness, it is one of the most powerful essential oils to purify the environment. Many products on the market use the essences to develop cleaning products and health. Antiseptic, healing, deodorants, cough, and refreshing properties.
- Tea Tree: it has an antiseptic triple effect, and it is bactericidal, healing, anti-inflammatory, deodorant, and fungicide, balsamic. It is highly effective for debugging environments bacteria.
- Lavender: a good antiseptic and excellent deodorant, it has antidepressant, antispasmodic, healing, insecticides, and sudorific properties.
- Lemon: excellent depurative, with a very pleasant and refreshing citrus smell. This oil is also antimicrobial, antirheumatic, antiseptic, antispasmodic, astringent, bactericidal, healing, diuretic, hypotensive, insecticide, and stimulates the formation of white blood cells.
- Chamomile: Besides being a very effective fungicide (eliminates fungi) and bactericide, is a good analgesic, anti, anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, healing, digestive, nervous, sudorific and sedative.
- Neroli: is very used as a deodorant in many cleaning products. It is also an antidepressant, antiseptic, antispasmodic, aphrodisiac, bactericidal, healing, deodorant, fungicide, good heart and circulatory tonic.
- Pine: one of the most powerful purifiers which is also an excellent antimicrobial, antiseptic (pulmonary, urinary and liver), antiviral, bactericidal, balsamic, deodorant, expectorant, insecticide and de-bugger.
- Rose: The delicious scent of rose combined with their aphrodisiac, sedative, antiseptic and bactericidal properties make this an ideal oil for room fragrance or natural places of privacy.
- Sandalwood: an excellent antiseptic, antidepressant, aphrodisiac, astringent, bactericidal, expectorant and insecticide.
- Bergamot: is a very good antiseptic, highly effective deodorant properties.
Do not drink the oil in any way, and avoid putting in the skin directly. Always use dissolved oils in creams and avoid eye contact because they are concentrated substances. If still diluted irritated you, rinse thoroughly with water and use more diluted solutions. If irritation persists, discontinue use and consult a specialist in aromatherapy. Keep the bottle tightly closed and where there is light, in addition to keeping out of reach of children, in a cool, dry place.
About the author