One of the issues of most concern to those who want to gain muscle is intimately related to the quality of diet to follow.
Undoubtedly, proteins take a leading role in sports nutrition. In this article we will talk about the ideal diet to increase muscle mass and the leading role of proteins.
Well, keep in mind that generally daily food usually meets protein needs. It is assumed that an adult should eat daily between 0.8 and 1 gram of protein per kilogram of body weight in order to meet their needs.
These recommendations may be increased in athletes. Especially for strength training, when you should increase muscle strength and build muscle. Thus we recommend between 1 and 1.5 grams, depending on the objectives and the particular stage of training.
Amounts may be achieved through a selection and a specific composition of common foods. Although specific protein drinks and protein bars help much.
Not only protein
It is necessary to take into account that the obsession to consume and increase muscle protein does not mean complete nutrition that promotes muscle growth.
As for the amount of protein for men and women, different estimates. Everything depends on the person's body as some people may increase muscle by eating more carbohydrates and others agree they consume more protein.
Tips to consider:
- Quantity: Knowing how much you are consuming. Not only in proteins, also in carbohydrates and fats.
- Quality: Write the source of food. If they contain many nutrients such as vitamins, minerals and antioxidants are of good quality.
- Time and Frequency: What time of day you consume food and how often or how many times a day.
- Changes: After analyzing the information to begin planning the necessary changes in your diet.
Most important to increase muscle mass:
Training with big muscles priority
Most people focus on training specific muscles, is much more effective when training large muscle groups. The hormonal response, neuromuscular and physiological is much more effective. Testosterone levels increase your strength and work more muscle fibers.
Eating carbohydrates with protein high in nutrients
Most people who want to gain weight and muscle are concentrated in protein and forget to eat more carbohydrates that are a source of energy needed to maintain and increase muscle. Complex carbohydrates like pasta, rice and fruit are best for increasing muscle.
Respect rest periods in training
The ideal recommendation is 2 minutes rest between each set. For maximum recovery is recommended 3 minutes or more off, but to be effective training to increase muscle must be trained at a submaximal intensity and 2 minutes of rest between sets will help you recover enough to train a high intensity.
Opt for repeats of 5 to 8
For heating you can choose a weight to do 10 or 12 repetitions, but to increase your muscles need more weight, more strength, more repetitions and less rest. Do not be afraid if you do 3 and 4 repetitions, when you increase the weight of your surveys, your progress will be incredible.
Eat at the end of your routine
Your muscles need energy to grow and recover. The best is a combination of carbohydrates with proteins. The natural protein is the best, meats, fish, nuts, milk and cheese are good because they contain nutrients that aid in the absorption of protein in muscle and muscle contraction.
To increase muscle such dedication is needed as while losing fat. You can see that many of the concepts are the same or similar. Nutrition is important, training is important and the rest is very important.
- If you train full body, take a day off between each training day. The rest days you can do cardiovascular intervals using trips or sprint to avoid accumulating too much fat. The best lifts are with free weights. Use the machines can to give variety to your training or if required.
- Stretching at the end of the workout helps the recovery.
- If you do not eat breakfast your metabolism will lose muscle and make you store fat.
- Eat balanced, always with carbohydrates, fats and proteins. If you are thin and not bring up weight is because you need to eat more of some nutrients.
- Avoid diuretics, stimulants such as alcohol, energy drinks or pills to burn more fat. These stimulants prevent the body from using water for nutrient recovery and muscular tissue replacement.
About the author