Published: 04/21/2011 - Updated: 12/11/2013
Have you tried the tofu mayonnaise? What about basil with garlic mayonnaise? Mayonnaise is a very popular sauce in European cuisine, is easy to prepare and can be used in a variety of dishes including salads, stews, bread, tortilla, etc. One of the drawbacks of mayonnaise is that people produce it industrially using ingredients which are often not eligible for health, irritating or that cause overweight.
So, don’t deprive yourself of this delicious sauce. We have developed this list of recipes for healthy mayonnaise that you can enjoy without having to worry about anything else. Homemade mayonnaise is very easy to prepare, nutritious and very cheap!
Garlic and Basil Mayonnaise (without eggs or vinegar)
- 1 to 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 cup of olive oilfirst cold extraction
- 1 teaspoon of rock salt
- ½ cup of chopped basil leaves
- ¼ of onion (the tail of the cambric onion) finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon of Italian herbs
- Drops of lemon
- A pinch of soy milk powder
- Finely chop the garlic in a mortar until you get a paste firmly.
- Mix together all ingredients and add oil at last.
Tofu mayonnaise with pepper (no eggs or vinegar)
- 1 cup of mashed tofu with a fork (not much, leave some pieces)
- 3 or 4 of tablespoons lemon
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
- 2 teaspoons of corn oil first cold extraction
- 2 tablespoons of tamari sauce
- 1 pinch of paprika
- Sea salt
- Blend all ingredients until all are well built and feels smooth.
- Spread on bread, salads or whatever you like, and you can refrigerate.
This is an ideal dressing to flavor bread, salads, fish and steamed vegetables.
- 1 egg
- 1 ripe avocado
- Sunflower oil
- The juice of two lemons
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 sprigs of fresh cilantro and salt
- Put in the blender egg, sunflower oil and salt.
- Blend at full power without moving.
- Once the mayonnaise it’s ready, add lemon juice, medium avocado, peeled and chopped and cilantro. Grind and add some black pepper on the preparation and re-crush in the blender until you get a fine and well emulsified mayonnaise. You can also add other ingredients such as wasabi, pepper or green chile if you like spicy mayonnaise.
- 1 fresh egg
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon
- Two tablespoons of minced nutmeg
- Place eggs in blender, with a little oil, blend and this begins to emulsify, keep pouring oil depending on the amount of mayonnaise you want.
- During the process, put nutmeg and lemon juice.
Soy milk Mayonaise
(Ideal for people intolerant to lactose or egg)
- ½ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- The juice of a lemon or orange
- 1 liter of soy milk
- Sea salt to taste.
- 1 pinch of turmeric for coloring mayonnaise
- Blend the ingredients slowly into the blender, adding lemon or orange juice to milk slowly.