Published: 05/07/2008 - Updated: 05/27/2016
The pizza is a circular shaped light bread cooked in a normal oven or wood fire, and covered with various ingredients. This food has become an international fast food because the ingredients can be adapted according to local tastes and personal preferences.
The basic ingredients to prepare the filling pizza are cheese ( Manchego , mozarrella or cream) tomato sauce, olive oiland basil.
Other ingredients can be adapted according to taste and preference. The preferably is eaten hot pizza, and can be a very nutritious food if the ingredients and the preparation of the dough is made with this intention, as in the case of the following recipes we share.
Wheat basic dough to prepare pizza
- 1 kg of Wheat flour (can be spelled flour )
- 600 Cm3 of pure water
- 50 Grs. of yeast
- 1 teaspoon of salt soup
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil cold pressed
- On the table, make a volcano with the flour, and place in the center previously dissolved yeast with the warm water, salt and oil.
- Knead gently with your fingers first and then with your hands.
- You have to knead it well until all ingredients are integrated into a light dough.
- Put the dough in an oiled bowl and cover with a damp cloth , near an indirect heat source (e.g. the preheated oven and off).
- When the dough doubles in volume (about an hour), spread on a floured surface with a roller.
- Give it the way you like, either round, square or even star.
- Give the thickness you like: if you leave thin, it will be crispy. If you leave it thick, it will be fluffy.
- Very lightly paint it with oil.
- With a fork cover the entire surface with the tomato sauce, spread over the entire surface.
- Decorate the cover with the selected ingredients (can be suggested below).
- OPTIONAL: Sprinkle a little olive oil, pepper and oregano at the end.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. and introduce the pizza for 15-20 minutes, or until you see it starts to brown and the dough is ready.
Vegetarian Mexican Pizza
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 350g of soaked soy meat and seasoned (can be bought already prepared in the form of hash)
- Olive oil
- 1 red pepper roasted, peeled and ribs
- 1 tablespoon of extra sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon of Tabasco sauce (optional )
- vegetarian sausage or salami (optional )
- small onion finely chopped
- 100g of cooked red beans
- 150g of tomato puree
- Herbs odor
- 50 g of fine semolina
- 150 g of grated Manchego cheese or mozzarella
- The juice of half a lemon
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Prepare the dough base as shown in the first recipe of this article.
- In a pan with two or three tablespoons of olive oil, fry the chopped onion, pepper and garlic. Add the soy meat and cook a few minutes.
- Add the beans, and season with salt, pepper, paprika, tabasco sauce, and lemon.
- Sprinkle semolina on pizza pan and line with the dough including the edges.
- Blend the tomatoes with salt, herbs smell and a bit of onion and varnished the surface with this sauce.
- Cook without browning pizza dough.
- Remove and garnish with soy meat sauce.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese on top.
- Bake in hot oven (preheated to 180 º).
- When an minute for the pizza is ready, remove from oven and garnish with salami or chorizo.
- Serve on wooden base.
- OPTIONAL: If you like you can paint the dough with bean sauce instead of tomato.
Pizza corn and squash
- 1 teaspoon of canola oil
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1/2 cup of sliced red onion
- 3 medium pumpkins
- 1 can of whole kernel corn
- 1/2 cup of diced tomato
- 1 cup of diced fresh cheese
- Manchego cheese or mozzarella to taste
- Tomato puree
- Prepare the dough as suggested in the first recipe of this article
- In a skillet, sauté in oil diced zucchini, garlic, corn kernels and diced tomato. Cook about 7 minutes.
- Varnish the pasta with the tomato puree and mozzarella cheese.
- Precook the pizza.
- Take it out of the oven and add the squash casserole.
- Put it in the oven preheated to 180 º
- One minute before it is ready, remove from oven and garnish with diced fresh cheese
- Serve hot.
Pizza with anchovies
- 18 anchovies
- ¾ kilo of tomatoes blanched, skin removed cut in half, removed the broth and cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons of oregano
- 200 gr. of cheedar cheese
- 150 grams of mozzarella cut
- Olive oil
- Prepare basic dough as suggested earlier in this article.
- Place the tomatoes with a tablespoon of oil and mozzarella in a frying pan and let it dehydrate until dry, crush or stir until it loses moisture.
- Grease the pizza pan with plenty of oil.
- The dough is stretched until it is very thin, ensuring that it matches the shape of the mold
- Put the tomatoes on pizza and spend the roller to distribute the tomato must be dry and making sure you reach the edge of the dough .
- On top of the tomato are distributed well drained anchovies and then sprinkle oregano.
- Top with cheddar cheese and put in the oven up to 10 minutes. It is very necessary that this high heat.
- Remove and serve hot.
Vegetable pizza for vegans
- Fried tomato sauce ( is made with 4 ripe tomatoes , a clove of garlic, a bit of onion, salt and herbs and liquefied and fry in a pan 10 minutes )
- Raw mixed vegetables , of which have on hand: onion, green pepper , red pepper, broccoli, mushroom, etc.
- Salt and black pepper
- Olive oil
- Black olives
- Develop the basis dough as proposed in the first recipe of this article.
- Brush the dough with tomato sauce
- Put the vegetables to taste broccoli, pumpkins, etc.
- Sprinkle with oregano and a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper.
- Garnish with black olives.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until you see it starts to brown and the dough is ready.
- Serve hot.
The best of World Cuisine
You have not found what you were looking for?