Concentration, precision, control, breathing and movement are some of the features of this technique, one of the most recognized for putting the body strong and slender. Pilates is an alternative to exercising the body which proposes the coordination-based exercises, breathing and precise movements, focusing on what is known as "Powerhouse" or center of power, a term that refers to the muscles of the torso and abdominals, lumbar, buttocks and back muscles. However, this technique also focuses on the legs (calves, thighs, hips), arms, and others, but always complementary to the torso exercises. Exercise should be moderate, it requires continuous practice and, above all, do the exercises with the best accuracy possible to obtain good results.
Benefits of Pilates:
- It is an excellent technique for working the abdomen and put it very flat.
- It helps to have strong and shapely muscles.
- Aligns and harmonizes the body shape makes it look more youthful, energetic, defined and beautiful.
- It is very good exercise for general health also helps to release emotions that cause, stress..
- It elevates your mood, gives us energy and strengthens the body's defense system.
- Improve posture, correcting harmful habits, back and shoulders slumped or hunched.
- Ideal for rehabilitating muscles.
- Excellent for increasing the flexibility of muscles and tendons.
- Enables vigorous movement, which helps irrigate nutrients and oxygen to all cells of the body, so that helps keep us being young and full of pep.
- Helps you lose weight because it burns lots of calories, however, you should consider if you want to lose weight and regain a good figure, combine Pilates with a supply of high quality.
- This alternative in body fitness is often costly, since it requires special equipment and an instructor and staff. However, you can use the videos or books that are cheaper or call Mat Pilates practice, which is practiced on the floor and is cheaper than the conventional Pilates, as this allows the option of collective class and does not require machines, and is equally effective.
- If you decide to do Pilates, you will need to be very patient to learn the moves, which require great precision.
How do you practice?
The routines include several levels, from beginner to advanced. To do the exercises, as mentioned, you can use special devices or perform them in the ground. The sequence and muscle control are essential in the Pilates technique and it helps tone and shape your body.
Currently there are many new tools that have enriched this technique and with whom you can practice. These are practical tools to practice at home, replace and provide the same benefits as conventional devices.
New tools for practicing Pilates
Resistance bands: are made of rubber or similar materials, and create an effect similar to the weights. You can find them either light (for beginners) or resistant (intermediate or advanced). They are very easy to store, even for travel in your suitcase.
Inflatable balls: they are especially useful for developing flexibility and muscle balance. You can find them in 3 sizes, depending on your height.
Medicinal Balls: they are a dumbbell-shaped balls that work just like the weights, but are easier to use to perform some exercises.
Hoops: Special rings that are used for resistance exercises to strengthen the legs, thighs, hips, calves, arms (especially the rear), and so on.
Body Rings: rings are less resistant to the above, and are used to strengthen the back, chest and arms.
Who can practice?
- This method can be practiced by people of all ages.
- Postpartum: recommended for new moms because it helps tone muscles, abdominals, buttocks and hips, and restore the body to its natural shape.
- It is recommended for people who want to improve the position or have back problems, but if this is your case, you should consult a doctor.
Power Pilates or Power Yoga
The term Power Yoga differs from the term Power Pilates because the former refers to the combination of yoga and Pilates. The combination of these two arts can offer similar benefits, although different, mainly because the form of breath from one to another. In Power Yoga, for example, respiration is carried out through the nose, while in Pilates you can breathe through your mouth.
Some history ...
Pilates became fashionable for some time but do not think that is something new, this is to join established practice in the 20s, by trainer Joseph Pilates.
The best of Training and Exercises
You have not found what you were looking for?