Published: 02/16/2009 - Updated: 10/25/2018
Author: K. Laura Garcés G2 Comments
With pears you can prepare from delicious desserts, salads and breads, soups and dressings to anything for food! This fruit is known for its contribution of sugars, fiber and minerals such as potassium, which is necessary for the generation and transmission of nerve impulses, for normal muscle activity and is involved in water balance inside and outside the cell. It is a sweet food, refreshing and high in water and ideal as a first food for young children.
- 500 gr. of Pears
- 2 glasses of water
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 pinch of vanilla powder
- 2 sheets of fish tail
- 250 gr. and 100 more of Whipped Cream
- 40 ladyfingers
- 1 loaf mold
- Rum and water to wet
- Aluminum foil for mold
- Oil for pan fine
For the custard
- Two glasses of milk
- Three egg yolks
- Two tablespoons of flour
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- Boil two cups of water with the sugar and cinnamon. When it starts to boil, add the pear slices and cook for 10 minutes. Drain and reserve. Put foil on bottom of pan and smear with thin oil.
- In a soup bowl, put the rum, water and sugar in the portion you want. Cut the ends of the die size soletillas.
- Starting from the bottom and then the walls, place the flat moist inland. Soak the gelatin sheets in two tablespoons of water.
- For the custard: Mix the egg yolks, sugar, flour and vanilla, avoiding lumps. In a saucepan, bring the milk to heat, and when it boils, take some milk and go with mixing bowl. Pour the bowl into the saucepan of milk, and with a wooden spoon, stir and let thicken the custard over low heat. Put the isinglass dissolved in the fire, taking care to stir all the time to not cook. Once totally dissolved, slowly add custard wings. Once mixed the two, go slowly pouring in the cream custard.
- Pour one third of the custard into the mold. Put the pears, cover with the second third of the custard, put the rest of the pears and cover with the remaining custard. Cover with a layer of soletillas placed like the bottom of the mold. Put a lid or aluminum foil on top. The next day, serve the dessert, pass a knife around the sides of the pan and pour in the source where it is to serve. Garnish with whipped cream.
Bella Elena Pears
- 50 g of chocolate
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 4 large ripe pears
- 200 g of cream
- Whipped Cream to decorate
- Peel the pears, removing the core and seeds. Put them in a saucepan, cover with water to which are added two tablespoons of sugar and cinnamon stick.
- Simmer, with the lid on for 20 or 25 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Meanwhile melt chocolate in a saucepan over low heat, then add the cream gradually while mixing. Allow to cool until warm.
Cold soup of avocado and pear
- 3 ripe avocados
- 4 ripe pears and good quality
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. of white wine
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1 tsp. of Chinese chive
- 2 tsp. of soy sauce
- Sesame seeds (for garnish)
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALCholesterol... The good and the bad
- Put everything in the food processor until it looks like a puree.
- Serve a cold soup and garnish with sesame seeds.
- 1 large pear
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 tbsp. of rice flour
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 egg white
- Dissolve rice flour in milk and add sugar. Bring the fire.
- When it boils, remove from heat and add the pear (grated or shredded), lemon zest and egg white until stiff hard, stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Place in individual ramekins and put into refrigerator.
Pears in Red Wine
- 4 Pears
- 1 / 8 liter of red wine
- 100 Gr of sugar
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALShiatsu or Japanese Massage
- Peel the pears, then a cut off after peeling the two using a vertical section with respect to the axis of symmetry.
- Take out heat and the result will be two gondolas pear.
- Put all the ingredients to cook, boil the water first and when you lifted the watering down a boil sugar, will later red wine and finally the pears and lemon zest give aroma.
- Cook until very tender remaining pears and purple, will take approximately 15 minutes.
Palm shoots salad with pear
Yield: 5 people
- A bowl of shredded palm shoots
- Two sliced pears
- A sliced tomato
- oil, lemon and salt to taste
In a large bowl, put all the ingredients together and bathe with dressing made with oil, lemon and salt. Serve.
Pear Ice Cream
Yield: 6 people
- 3 egg yolks
- 150 g of sugar
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 pint of cream
- 500 gr of pears
- Peel the pears and remove the seeds. Mash with half the lemon juice to make them a fine puree.
- Dissolve the sugar in 1/2 cup of hot water and add the remaining lemon juice.
- Beat the egg yolks with a wire whisk and gently add hot syrup. Continue beating until cool and then add the mashed pears and whipped cream.
- Put frosting.
About the author
Pear is one of my favorite fruits even tough you cannot almost find commercial foods or for example cakes with pear, so the only choice when you like this fruit is preparing your food by yourself, so thank you for sharing those delicious recipes, especially the custard, which sound perfect to taste the nice fruit which is pear
Pears were always my grandpa’s favorite fruit. I remember he used to eat a lot of deep fat fried foods, and steak adn eggs kind of guy, but for some reason he always really made it a point to tell everyone how much he loved eating pears. Reading this article reminded me of that and made me want to make some of these recipes