Published: 10/22/2013 - Updated: 04/01/2017
Fruits that are the highlight of this season are those with sweet and hot flavors: pears are an example of this. They are used both in desserts and simple dishes, and can be a real treat. Pears are also a remedy for constipation, they increase defenses thanks to their vitamin C content and they also help reduce blood cholesterol due to their pectin content. With these recipes you will learn to make the most of this fruit using different recipes, reaping the benefits of this fantastic autumn food in your kitchen.
Pear Tartlets of Spinach and Thyme
For the dough:
- 1 ½ cup of flour
- 90 gr. of Butter
- 1/3 cup of water
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1/2 tsp. of pepper
- 3 Pears
- 1 cup of spinach
- 3 tbsp. of thyme
- 1 cup of Grated Manchego cheese
- Salt and Pepper (sufficient amount)
For the dough:
- Combine flour with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Add the butter cut into small cubes, you can mix with the help of a processor or your hands until you have a sandy consistency.
- Gradually add water until it forms a smooth paste.
- Stand for about 30 minutes or an hour in the refrigerator.
- Roll out and line a large tart pan or mini cake tin.
For the filling:
- Chop the pear into slices or medium pieces.
- Combine with the remaining ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the filling in the dough and fold the edges.
- Bake at 180°C for 25-30 minutes until the crust is golden brown.
Pear and jicama salad
- 2 pears
- 1/2 Jicama
- 3 tbsp. of basil
- 1 tsp. of rosemary
- 4 tbsp. of Olive oil
- 2 tbsp. of Lemon juice
- Salt & Pepper (Sufficient amount)
- Cut the pears and thinly slice the jicama, take care to make sure they are bite-size and easy to eat.
- Chop the basil if the leaves are very large and finely chop the rosemary, reserve to prepare the salad.
- Mix the olive oil with the lemon juice, salt and pepper until well blended you can use a balloonwhisk or blender and seasoning to your own taste, add more salt or pepper if necessary.
- Combine pear with fine herbs.
- Dress with the vinaigrette preparation covering very well.
Pear and cheese sandwiches
- 3 Pears
- 100 gr. of serrano ham
- 180 gr. of roquefort cheese
- 1/2 cup of rocket (arugula)
- Cut the pears into slices about half a centimeter wide, cut the cheese into cubes or shred with your hands.
- Place a bit of cheese on the pear slices, add some arugula in the center and gently wrap with prosciutto.
- Prick with a toothpick to hold it.
- You can serve with toppings like sweet mustard dressing, vinaigrettes, etc.
- 4 Pears
- 100 gr. of Sugar
- 100 gr. of Flour
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 tsp. of salt
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 4 tbsp. of Cream or whipping cream
- 1 tsp. of Vanilla extract
- Beat the egg with the sugar until it is blended and takes a slightly lighter colour.
- Add the powders and mix well.
- Add the milk, cream and vanilla to form a light, soft dough.
- Place the sliced pears or cubes in a bowl, pour the preparation over them.
- Bake at 180 ° C for 30 minutes until firm and lightly browned.