Papaya is a fruit that is available all year round; it is deliciously sweet and has the consistency of soft butter. Its flesh is orange with pink or yellow tones. What we often do not know is that the papaya is full of benefits for skin, hair and general health. Furthermore, not only the pulp is beneficial, but other parts of the fruit too.
Papaya for skin
It is a fruit rich in antioxidant nutrients such as carotenes, vitamin C and flavonoids, as well as B vitamins, folic and pantothenic acids. Aside from the minerals it provides, it also contains magnesium and potassium. Last but not least, the papaya is rich in fibre. The pulp of this fruit is an ingredient in many facial creams and shampoos.
The fruit is good for skin care, as it helps us to have a healthier and more radiant skin. Here are some of its benefits:
- Being a good source of vitamin A and papain, this fruit helps removes dead skin cells.
- It is low in sodium, but contains other minerals which make it ideal to help keep our skin hydrated.
- Applying a thin layer of ground raw papaya for 25 minutes on the face helps reduce unwanted pimples and spots on the skin.
- Both direct application and including papaya in the diet helps us to get soft and smooth skin.
- Papaya puree can be used to soften the hardness on the heels, and treat chapped skin in that area.
- It is a natural skin exfoliant.
- Regular application of papaya can also help lighten the skin.
- The papaya peel can be used to whiten the legs.
- Thanks to its antioxidants, papaya helps reduce the signs of aging.
The skin of the papaya is useful to combat wrinkles and signs of ageing skin, you only need to use the peel that you do not eat. Leave to react for 5 minutes and then wash off with cold water. After regular use, you will see favorable results. Since this is a slightly acidic fruit it is not recommended leaving on for longer than suggested as it may dry the skin.
Beauty Secrets with papaya
For dark spots: Mash a few slices of papaya until a smooth puree, mix with a little milk and apply on the area you want to try and unify your skin tone.
Against Dry Skin: To hydrate your skin, make a mixture of mashed papaya and two tablespoons of honey and apply on your face. Leave on for 10 minutes and remove with warm water.
To restore the elasticity: You can prepare a mixture with mashed papaya, one tablespoon of honey, and a little rice flour. Apply the mixture evenly over the skin, and let stand for 20 minutes, the procedure should be performed 3 days a week.
Mask for oily skin
If your skin is prone to being shiney a lot, papaya fruit is also useful and you can apply the following mask:
Make a paste with the crushed pulp of papaya, and once you get the puree, add plain yogurt, 1 tablespoon of honey, lemon juice, and egg white, mix the ingredients to form a thick paste.
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALWhy can't I lose weight?
Wash your face, then once clean, apply the mask. Leave on for 15-20 minutes, then remove with warm water. Dry well.
About the author