Fruit of good health is called papaya in Mexico, a tropical fruit with sweetness and countless properties. It contains a very important ingredient called papain, which has a therapeutic effect mainly in the digestive system. It also contains fibrin, a substance easily assimilable and valuable because it helps the coagulation of internal and external wounds.
Green Papaya: the juice of unripe papaya (green) has an effect more active than the mature papaya. This juice helps repair deficiencies such as stomach ulcers and gastritis. In addition, the juice is excellent to combat constipation and inflammation caused by stomach gas and indigestion in a relatively short time. If you want to have an excellent digestion and help your digestive processes to avoid exhausting, prepare the following juice. Keep in mind that beauty begins in the stomach: a stomach with a clean and smooth operation is reflected in your skin, hair and face, because you not only notice that your stomach feels lighter and healthier but your skin is cleaned of impurities and has more youthful appearance and smoothness.
- A piece of green papaya
- One tablespoon of flaxseed
- A spoonful of oats
- A glass of water
- Honey to taste
Mix everything and drink fasting for 15 days. Then you can go to exchange with other juices. If you noticed that the juice will cause stomach aches, some diarrhea, and even nausea, do not be scared. This juice is cleansing your body and reactions are very normal. If you really do not tolerate, let rest for a day and then continue.
Yellow, orange or green Papaya
Any papaya is unsurpassed as a remedy for almost all infections, both internally and externally. Whether taken as juice or poultice applied over any superficial wound will help close the wound because the blood will clot quickly. It also has an alkalizing effect in the body, making it ideal for people with acidosis.
Nutritional value and properties of papaya
- Excellent source of potassium
- High ascorbic acid (vitamin C) and its juicy orange flesh is high in vitamin A.
- It contains minor amounts of calcium, iron, thiamin, riboflavin and niacin
- It is low in calories and sodium so it is ideal for diets and weight loss
- It contains a digestive enzyme that is used to soften the meat.
- Facilitates tan (active melanin).
- Its fresh seeds are very rich in a nutrient called Carpasemina which strengthens the immune system.
- Helps digestion and calms the pain and inflammation of the stomach because it contains an enzyme called papain, is also analgesic and sedative
- Useful in case of gastroenteritis, colitis, hemorrhoids and irritable colon due to its soothing and antiseptic food bolus on the intestines.
- Eliminates intestinal parasites and amoeba, responsible for many chronic diarrhea
- Helps to digest meats and heavy meals
- The papaya is a good friend of our skin, helps to clean inside the pores and juice or poultice can remove stains from the skin, improve eczema and significantly improve its appearance.
- Half papaya provides 150% of the daily requirement of vitamin C (higher than even oranges, lemons and grapefruit). Its orange color warns us that it is rich in beta carotene. The papaya is full of nutrients, including B complex, potassium, magnesium, fiber, folic acid and small amounts of calcium and iron.
- Keep in mind not taking overly ripe papaya since it reduces the amount of papain.
Uses in the kitchen
Its particular flavor makes it highly appreciated in the preparation of desserts, juices, salads, yogurt, fruit salad, ice cream, etc.
It is important that, when preparing some papaya juice to avoid getting bored of its taste, combine it with other fresh fruits that are compatible as bananas, mamey, etc. Avoid combining papaya with citrus fruits like lemon, plum, pineapple or orange, because the stomach has trouble achieving the proper acidity. You can prepare varied papaya juice using combination as suggested, and the juice to make a highly nutritious and energy tonic in the morning, you can add different seeds such as walnuts, almonds, sesame, amaranth, etc. You can, also a bit of crushed papaya that is close to the skin and mix with a little honey. This nourishing mask gives you an instantly smoother skin and helps cleanse the pores if you add a little oatmeal and gently rub it with your face, neck and hands.