Published: 12/13/2010 - Updated: 10/25/2018
The panela cheese is a very healthy and versatile ingredient in the kitchen. Can be prepared with a wide variety of dishes, from soups, salads and stews, even desserts! It is a cheese that serves as input to some meals. Here we leave some recipes to surprise your guests this holiday season.
Almonds coated in cheese
- 2 thick slices of panela cheese or white
- 20g of raw almonds
- 1 sprig of cilantro
- 20g shelled pistachios
- Oil to fry
- Cut cheese into four pieces.
- Grind the almonds along with the cilantro.
- Grind pistachios.
- Put plenty of oil in a pan and fry. Put on paper towels to absorb excess oil and serve with salad sprouts or lettuce and tomato.
Fresh Cheese Snacks
Ingredients (2 people)
- 6 corn omelet or flour
- 120 gr. panela cheese, basket or white, grated or crumbled
- 1 potato steamed
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 green pepper
- 1 onion
- Put the butter over low heat to warm. Fill with cheese the omelet and then bend so that the cheese is in the omelet.
- Chop the potatoes into squares and fry in butter with chili; Serve over enchiladas, sprinkle cheese and chives to taste or ketchup.
Salad with panela cheese
Ingredients (2 people)
- 200 gr. Spinach tender
- 50 gr. Pine Nuts,
- 100 gr. fresh cheese,
- 80 gr. oil-dried tomatoes,
- 1 clove garlic,
- 1 c. tureen capers,
- 2 c. tureens lemon juice
- 6 c. tureens vegetable stock
- 6 c. tureens olive oil
- Salt and pepper.
- Clean and wash the spinach, drain well (best centrifugation). Brown the pine nuts in a skillet. Cut the cheese into cubes. Cut tomatoes into strips.
- For the sauce: Chop the garlic and prepare vinaigrette with lemon juice, broth and oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix all ingredients before serving.
Panela cheese soup
- 250 grams of chickpeas
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 250 grams of panela cheese
- Brown sugar or black sugar to taste
- 1 liter of chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon chicken stock
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 rolls or sliced bread
- Soak chickpeas loa 24 hours earlier.
- Boil the chickpeas with water and salt (if using a pressure cooker in about 45 minutes will be ready). Peel the chickpeas.
- Prepare a broth seasoned with chicken broth and add cooked chickpeas.
- Place this paste on the bottom of the bowl and add the bread there fried.
- When starting to boil the broth with chickpeas add it to the bowl, put the squares above panela cheese.