Algae have great health benefits: they are called sea vegetables, and concentrate their properties in a high content of minerals (phosphorus, calcium, magnesium, potassium, iodine, etc.) and abundant amounts of chlorophyll and trace elements. There are many types of algae, Arame, Spirulina, Agar-Agra, Klamath blue alga, Fucus, etc.
Here are recipes specially selected for being delicious!
Spaghetti with Arame seaweed
- 1 package of spaghetti rice
- 1 carrot cut julienne style
- 1 red pepper chopped fine
- ½ package of soybean sprouts
- ½ cup of corn cobs over a small cut in half
- 1 bunch of fresh onions, green part cut into strips
- ½ cup of Arame seaweed soaked 10 minutes and drained
- Sea salt
- Olive oil and sea salt
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons of apple juice concentrate
- 1 ½ tablespoons of fresh ginger juice (grated and drained)
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of arrowroot thickener or cornmeal
- Cook the spaghetti in plenty of boiling water for rice, as indicated in the package. Wash with cold water and drain.
- Skip the green onions with a little olive oil and a pinch of sea salt in 2-3 minutes.
- Add the red pepper, carrots and corn and skip half flame and a few drops of soy sauce for 7 - 10 minutes. If necessary, add a few drops of water to avoid scorching.
- Add Arame seaweed and sprouts. Skip 2 minutes.
- Add the spaghetti to rice and mix well.
- Heat the water in the sauce and add remaining ingredients.
- Dilute thickener with a little cold water, add to sauce and mix well until a thick consistency and more transparent.
- Pour the sauce over the spaghetti and vegetables.
- Tip: Decorate the dish with some finely chopped chives.
Mugi Miso Soup with Seaweed
- Mugi Miso (soybean paste and fermented barley)
- Garlic cloves
- Two strips of Kombu seaweed
- A pinch of thyme
- Put the Kombu to soak for 10 minutes. Cut all vegetables into pieces and put into pressure cooker with water according to quantity of vegetables.
- Add seaweed into pieces. Cook ten minutes and remove from heat. When you can remove the lid, put a little into a cup of broth and mix a teaspoon of miso ¼ liter of soup.
- When well diluted, add the remaining soup and mix everything.
- This soup can be taken with cut vegetables, mashed or strained as broth.
- Tip: It is important to remember that the Miso should not boil but because it loses its enzymes. This recipe allows multiple ingredient recipes can be adapted to the climate and state of the person. The basics are the miso and seaweed Kombu.
Japanese Noodles with Spirulina
- 1 package of pasta Eastern
- 3 tomatoes grated
- 2 carrots cut into small dice
- 2 zucchini sliced
- 1 chopped leek
- 1 handful of spirulina algae
- 100 grams oftofu with dice
- grated ginger to taste
- soy sauce
- sesame seeds
- In a skillet or wok heat oil and put the cooked squash, carrots, tomatoes, leeks and ginger.
- Cover and cook on low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Then add the spirulina algae that have been previously soaked in a few minutes and soy sauce and let cook a few more minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- In a pot with boiling water, boil the pasta until baking.
- A couple of minutes before turning off the fire add the tofu to the skillet. Finally mix in the skillet or wok noodles with vegetables. Serve on a plate and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Strudell, seaweed rolls
- 2 cups pf whole flour
- 1 cup of white flour
- 3 tablespoons of toasted sesame seeds
- 1 / 2 cup of corn or sunflower oil
- Water (mineral)
- 4-5 onions chopped fine
- 1 cup of spaghetti algae or other
- 3 tablespoons of grated orange
- 4 tablespoons of dried currants
- soy sauce
- olive oil and curry
- apple juice
- Prepare the strudel dough by mixing all dry ingredients. Add oil with enough mineral water to form a ball. Do not knead, just amalgamate. Cover the ball with a plastic bag 30 minutes.
- Wash the seaweed and soak. Pull water from soaking. Boil with fresh water, covering only 1 / 3 of its volume with a dash of vinegar for 20 minutes. Keep it uncovered until the liquid evaporates completely.
- Sauté onions with a background of olive oil and salt with curry spice and grated orange.
- Extend the dough on a surface dusted with white flour until a rectangular shape.
- Add the filling and sealing roll. With a fork, prick the top of strudell
- Place the roll on a baking tray with pre-stroke oil and bake for 30 'or 40'. Remove, cool, serve with salad.
Seaweed soup with tofu (Japan)
- 20 g of wakame (seaweed dried seaweed)
- 7.5 dl of Dashi (Japanese stock made from seaweed and fish)
- 250 grams of tofu blocks
- 2 tablespoons of red miso
- Wash the seaweed and cover with water in a small font. Let stand 15 minutes, drain and cut into small pieces.
- Add Dashi in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the wakame seaweed and tofu, reduce heat and let simmer on low heat for 1 minute.
- Place the miso in a small bowl, add a bit of Dashi and stir to dissolve the miso. Remove from heat. Add the miso mixture and stir well. Serve directly.
The best of Seaweed Recipes
You have not found what you were looking for?