Published: 12/12/2007 - Updated: 05/06/2018
Green Week, which begins on June 10th and ends on Friday 15th, is coordinated by the Association CAAE and intended to match in the second week of December and in different localities of the Spanish geography, informative, entertaining and informative to promote organic food, its production and quality.
It will be launched in a "network" where, through ICT (Information and Communication), will encourage and coordinate the participation of more stakeholders in the sector (professionals, consumers, educators, institutions, organizations...), which can be found in various forums to promote, disseminate and bring production systems and products to society.
Among other activities, will held meetings, seminars and workshops on organic agriculture and livestock. This will enhance efforts to promote consumption of these foods, such as markets, exhibitions, points of information, visits to farms, tasting, tastings and competitions. In addition, children's activities take place to bring this smaller form of sustainable production.
Food that ensure our health
The practice of organic agriculture recovers our traditions and way of healthy living that has prevailed in our country for generations.
More and more Spaniards are going to realize the benefits of the Mediterranean diet followed for centuries in our country.
It is currently verifying the relationship between our diet and a lower incidence of diseases (especially coronary) and mortality in the Mediterranean countries.
The Mediterranean diet is made, about 75%, for vegetables, legumes, cereals, olive oil as the main source of fat and fish, the remaining 25% to other foods.
Agriculture is a major activity of the Mediterranean countries and this is where organic agriculture plays an important role. Through this practice and consumption of these foods to promote the healthy lifestyle that has prevailed in our country for generations, we recover regional culinary traditions as a counterpart to the model of fast food, highly processed and fat that extends in our country.
Organic agriculture is an agricultural production system that aims to obtain quality food in sufficient quantities and in a sustainable manner, protecting the environment through conservation of natural resources and allowing producers to an appropriate economic environment and conducting their work in a safe environment. All this leads to more natural foods, healthy, ensuring traceability and food safety and nutritional qualities guaranteed by their method of production.
Organic food contributes to the preservation of our heritage and our food. These are free of pesticides and, in the case of foods derived from livestock are free of antibiotics and steroids.
Its external appearance is similar to its conventional counterpart, but with more intense flavors and higher nutrient content due respect to the cycle of crops and management that combines traditional techniques and new technologies.
Fresh organic products are more resistant and durable because they contain less water and have better physical consistency.
With the consumption of organic food is recognizing the efforts of producers and processors as / as, with their commitment and good work, that take care of our food and our natural heritage. Moreover, they are more expensive considering the benefits they generate for the health of agricultural professionals and consumers, as well as animal welfare and the environment.
Certification of products by authorized institutions is essential to identify which organic foods have been produced under current law, providing a guarantee to a consumer.
The terms "organic," "Echo," "biological" or "bio" are used to identify foods that come from organic agriculture and livestock. Its use is not exclusive and can be used for foods that do not come from organic production.
Certified organic foods must carry labels in the name and / or code of the inspection body concerned. In addition to compulsory descriptions optionally also can find the logo of the agency or the European Union.
Organic agriculture is continually expanding and we can find a range as large as the richness of our culinary culture.
Farming is causing a change in eating habits today, meaning that for every product can be eaten during all seasons, is a necessary application of high external inputs, with environmental degradation and spending energy that this implies. Should not be the seasonality of production as a brake on the development of organic agriculture, but as an opportunity to develop creativity in cooking, tailoring our menus to the seasons of winter and summer.
The best of Events, Conferences and Exhibiti
Products related with Organic Food Week
Related categories of the Shop
You have not found what you were looking for?