You have not found what you were looking for?
Organic FarmingAll about Organic Farming. Articles, news and tips about organic farming and organic food. Benefits of organic production for healht and environment.
In Biomanantial we advise you on organic farming and crop maintenance so that you are informed at all times of the current situation.
Organic agriculture is a priority issue in most countries worldwide, and ecological awareness among the population is growing. It is about caring for the environment, producing healthy and natural foods to ensure good nutrition and health for the population. Here we present topics of interest and news related to this topic.
What is organic farming?
Organic farming are agricultural techniques that do not use chemical products such as fertilizers, insecticides and pesticides, with the aim of protecting the environment, maintaining soil fertility, guaranteeing the work of small farmers, and providing healthy food with all its nutritional properties. in a sustainable way.
Organic farming is then a system of agricultural production that allows to obtain fresh, natural and chemical-free food, respecting the seasons and ecosystems. It is about minimizing the impact of agriculture on the environment.
Organic farming practices
- They do not incorporate chemicals, pesticides or synthetic fertilizers without causing harmful residues in the soil that affect the health of people and animals.
- Respect the natural cycles of crops and seasons.
- They use the same natural waste to fertilize the soil.
- They select plant species resistant to diseases of the environment, without harming ecosystems.
- Transgenic is not used.
- Respect crop rotation avoiding erosion and soil erosion.
Organic foods are of excellent quality, much more nutritious, healthy, with a better taste and aromas, they are characterized because they are not regular in their shape, size and color, they are not so pretty and perfect, but they are healthier and more natural.
In the case of animal husbandry, hormones or antibiotics are not used, and the feeding of livestock is strictly natural, and their rearing in limited spaces is prohibited.
For all these reasons, organic foods are very beneficial for health, since the risk of the different chemical substances used in conventional agriculture is avoided.
Advantages of organic foods
- Its production respects the environment.
- They do not contain pesticides, pesticides, chemicals, hormones or antibiotics.
- Organic foods have more flavor, aroma and nutrients.
- Organic foods are healthier.
Disadvantages of organic foods
- They are not available everywhere.
- They have different size, shape and are not perfect.
- Its price is higher than that of conventional products.