If you want to gain weight or increase muscle mass, these recipes are ideal for you, are high in quality protein and which also keep you well nourished and energetic. Gaining weight not only means eating more and more, or "whatever", as this could lead to future health problems. You should eat as nutritious as possible. Also, if you want to gain weight, your diet should be combined with weight training, so request more muscle protein, avoid exercises that burn fat just as running long distances. Foods that should feature in your diet are brewer's yeast, seaweed, amaranth, soy lecithin, vegetable milk, fish, oats, oilseeds, pastas and breads and soy products, all rich in protein and elements high quality nutritious.
Amaranth, oat and almonds hot cakes (breakfast)
- 50 grams of amaranth flour
- 1 / 4 cup offlour
- 1 tablespoon of chopped almonds
- Half cup of rolled oats
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- Soy milk, is needed.
- Sift flour, baking powder, oats, almonds in a bowl add butter, eggs and milk. Whisk perfectly well until the lumps disappear.
- Grease a skillet with butter and cook over low heat. Add honey, molasses, grain or natural fruit jam.
- Combine with soy milk smoothie with banana or some fruit like papaya or strawberry.
Seaweed and fish soup
- Heads of large fish
- 1 cup of seaweed
- 3 large tomatoes
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 6 Peppers
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar
- 1 sprig of parsley
- Salt to taste
- 1 egg
- Heavy heads are washed and put to boil in two liters of water, wash and quarter tomatoes onion, sliced carrot, bay leaf, oil, vinegar, parsley and salt.
- Cook until fish is cooked, remove from heat and remove the heads.
- Remove meat and crumble it, and add back to broth. Add the seaweed and egg and stir well, cook for a few more minutes and off.
- You can serve the soup without casting, but you should be served very hot.
- 1 kg. of pasta
- 1 / 4 kg. of shrimp
- 1 / 2 kg. of squid
- 1 / 4 kg. of clam without its shell
- 1 kg. of tomatoes
- 3 red peppers, chopped
- 4 onions chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic
- A stalk of celery
- The white part of a joint garlic
- 1 / 2 cup of olive oil
- Heat oil over medium heat and sauté the onions, garlic joint, celery and peppers. Then add the garlic and diced tomatoes.
- Let simmer for about 15 minutes.
- If too thick, add a little water to achieve consistency of a sauce.
- Cook clams until tender and put aside.
- Add to the mix of tomatoes peeled and deveined shrimp, squid, cut into wheels and clean the heads but finally the clams and soft.
- Put the pasta cooking water with enough salt and oil.
- Cook for about 5 min. over the seafood sauce, add salt and pepper.
- Accompany with salsa and sprinkle with parsley and, if you like, parmesan cheese.
- 50 gr. of fine textured soy
- 3 or 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
- 1 / 2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 / 2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 50 gr. of bread crumbs
- 50 gr. of whole wheat flour
- Half cup of rolled oats
- 1 cup of water or soy milk
- 1 additional cup of bread crumbs for coating
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, mix the soy, garlic, parsley, spices, oats and 50 grams of bread crumbs. In another bowl, mix flour and water (or soymilk) and whisk slightly. Add this to the source and mix well. The mixture should be somewhat dry but greasy (you can add soy milk to make it more oily or bread crumbs to make it dry, according to your convenience).
- Then, make small balls with this mixture (about the size of a ping-pong ball) by pressing with your hands while making the ball to remain together all ingredients. Overflow each ball in the extra breadcrumbs. Fry in hot oil, as they are browned (not much) everywhere put them to drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve with tomato sauce or almonds on top ... mmm delicious!