Published: 04/03/2013 - Updated: 10/20/2018
Author: Miriam Reyes
Mites, pollen, seasonal change, mold, or even some chemicals, can unleash allergies, usually accompanied by uncomfortable symptoms. However, there are natural alternatives that can help us to fight and avoid them.
With the use of essential oils, you can relieve symptoms of allergies, the most effective for this condition are:
- Chamomile: The aroma is relaxing, anti-allergenic, antispasmodic, and also has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Lavender: Its essential oil helps calm, relax and clean. It is decongestant, antiseptic, analgesic, anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic. In the case of allergies, it can be used as oil for massaging the breast, and reduce spasm.
- Melissa: It is antihistaminic, antispasmodic, antibacterial and sedative. It can relieve allergic reactions if is used in a bath of warm water or in a steamer.
The recommendation is to use them to inhale and scent the environment, these should be used gradually to prevent the body from rejecting and be alert to the symptoms.
Taking a hot bath with steam favors the elimination of toxins, and relieves congestion.
Furthermore, saunas and alternates which imply a temperature contrast regulate the response of the nervous system, achieving moderate immune reactions against allergens.
It can be combined with aromatherapy to optimize its effects. Before getting into the shower, place 3 drops of essential oil of rosewood in a small towel, and once under hot water, put it on your chest.
You can also take advantage of the oils in aromatherapy, adding 3 drops of essential oil of lavender and 3 drops of chamomile oil into a hot tub.
The inhalations are an effective way to relieve the congestion that characterizes the allergy.
Like hydrotherapy, if combined with aromatherapy, it can get excellent results. For example, put 3 drops of an essential oil mentioned in hot water, then cover your head with a towel, and lean breathing steam, be careful not to burn yourself, keep a safe distance from the liquid.
You can control pain by using needles, and also works as a prevention method. This is because people who receive acupuncture therapies, get help to restore the immune balance.
Traditional Chinese medicine says that when the body comes into contact with an allergen element, the energy channels in the body are blocked, and hinder communication between the brain and the body, this can manifest with an allergic reaction.
To restore balance, you must put pressure on strategic points of the body to open these energy channels that have been blocked. In the face, you can pressure mirror points, i.e., one on each side, for example, the two sides of the nose, the two sides of the cheek bones.
Certain foods contain vitamins and minerals that may be useful to treat and prevent allergies, some are:
- Vitamin C: is a powerful antihistamine, helps prevent and maintain control in allergic reactions. Vitamin C is found in vegetables and fruits such as citrus.
- Vitamin E: Soothes the respiratory symptoms of allergies, it is also a powerful antioxidant. It is present in vegetable oils, nuts, and green leafy vegetables.
- Magnesium: protects the lungs and supports breathing, also prevents sneezing caused by allergies. Magnesium is a mineral found in green vegetables, almonds, nuts.
- Omega-3: This type of oil is a healthy fat, which has anti-inflammatory properties, very suitable for allergies. The sources are oily fish, chia seeds, walnuts and flaxseed.
About the author