Published: 06/05/2013 - Updated: 05/09/2016
Constipation is a condition in which bowel movements become difficult and pass through the digestive tract with discomfort, difficulty or pain. This is a symptom rather than a disease and is defined as the decrease in the frequency of bowel movements accompanied by a prolonged or difficult stool transition.
It usually manifests as bloating, irritability, pain, and is often an uncomfortable condition.
Eat more fruits and vegetables, whether cooked or raw, and more cereals and whole grain breads. Dried fruit like apricots, prunes and figs are high in fibre. Reduce processed foods, as well as those with a high fat content.
Consume plenty of fluids, about 6 glasses of water daily preferably natural unless you have contraindicated. Some people often become constipated with milk consumption.
Stay active, a short walk after dinner can help you improve your digestion.
If possible avoid using laxatives. Although they can be a quick relief, they often cause dependence, and should only be prescribed by your doctor.
Limit your intake of antacids, which may be causing constipation and even other health problems.
Do not wait having a bowel movement every day, or every third day, every person is different, and each one has own rhythm, regularity, varies depending on the person. If evacuations are painless and occur normally, chances are that constipation galleys.
1. The fig: a natural laxative known, fresh, rich source of ingredients that will help fight constipation. Fruit is also rich in fibre also contains vitamins and minerals, particularly pointing out the calcium.
2. Relax: Stress can also be the cause of constipation, look for music to calm and relax or read books.
3. Consume yogurt and other probiotic foods: help you to establish a regular and containing lactobacilli to improve the presence of beneficial bacteria in the intestines.
4. Morning Tonic: Start the day feeling better with the following tonic. In a glass of boiled water, add the juice of half lemon with two teaspoons of honey, shake well, and drink slowly in small sips. This tonic helps lead to a regular morning.
5. Flaxseed: A very popular and effective remedy today is to spray two tablespoons of flaxseed and mix with a glass of fruit juice in the morning. Or, soak 2 tablespoons of flaxseed in water for half an hour, and drink chewing the seeds. Flaxseed is rich in fibre, so that its addition to the diet is useful in treating constipation, but to enjoy its benefits, it must be ground.
6. Include fibre foods: To overcome constipation naturally, foods rich in fibre are excellent allies.
Increase your intake of the following foods:
- Whole grains
- Fruits such as apples, pears, grapes, raisins, figs and plum
7. Apples: A practice that can help is to eat two medium apples in the morning, of course including the shell and then drink a glass of boiled water with 1 teaspoon of honey. This remedy works with many of the most difficult cases.
8. Do not forget the exercise: The rhythmic movements of the legs, such as walking, running, biking, swimming, jumping, or dancing, help stimulate bowel activity, if you spend much time sitting, or in one position, try to take a break of 10 minutes to walk and stretch your legs.
9. Avoid prune: The prune juice for constipation is very effective. These fruits contain a substance with direct laxative effect, however, as with regulated laxatives, relief is temporary and may be habit, meaning that our body requires prune consumption to evacuate. It should be taken regularly, rather than the actual intestinal content.
The best of Health
Products related with 9 Natural Remedies to combat Constipation
Related categories of the Shop
You have not found what you were looking for?